December 18, 2017, 09:52:06 AM

Author Topic: What type of hunting?  (Read 3183 times)

Offline DeathFromAbove

What type of hunting?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 08:48:50 PM »
Quote from: Cracker11
:twisted:  White-Tail,Hog`s,and Osceola Turkey.......All with a Bow!!!!! :wink:

Sounds like we all have quite a bit in common!  

Cracker11 - hog hunting with a bow..... now that sounds like some fun.  I would guess that has to be a pretty well placed shot!  What's the best spot - neck - in front of the shoulder?

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
What type of hunting?
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2003, 07:16:17 PM »
:twisted:  I like a Quartering away, and place it right behinde the last big Rib,angled toward the front sholder, takes lung,piece of the Heart,and hopefuly that sholder....don`t like chaceing them too far  :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
What type of hunting?
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2003, 12:05:10 AM »
must hunt whitetail...must hunt whitetail... i keep hearing this subliminal message. so i guess i must hunt whitetails again this year. maybe a little squirrel, dove, and rabbit to satisfy my restlessness 'til deer season too!
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Aussie Joe

What type of hunting?
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2003, 06:57:49 AM »
I mainly hunt for Red Fox, Rabbits and  Crows.  But I love to hunt Sambar and Hog deer  :twisted: .  I like to get up north and have a go at the Camels, Dingos, Pigs and Goats as well, even though that dosn't happen as often as I like :cry: .
I'd rather be hunting.

Offline DeathFromAbove

What type of hunting?
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2003, 08:04:56 PM »
Quote from: Aussie Joe
I mainly hunt for Red Fox, Rabbits and  Crows.  But I love to hunt Sambar and Hog deer  :twisted: .  I like to get up north and have a go at the Camels, Dingos, Pigs and Goats as well, even though that dosn't happen as often as I like :cry: .

Joe - that sounds like some very interesting game.  I've got to do some research on those Sambar and Hog Deer - very cool.  

When you say camels - do you literally mean the camels that are wild in the outback?  Now that would be a job to work up!   :wink:

Offline Aussie Joe

What type of hunting?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2003, 10:40:49 PM »
DeathfromAbove- Yes when I say Camels that's what I mean.  When I worked up in the North of Australia on Cattle Station there were a number of Camel herds roaming around.  You'd see them from time to time but they were Buggers to hunt, typical long range, long stalk hunts and with their long stride they are hard to keep up to.  I've been trying for 3 years to bag one.  I go up about once a year for 2 weeks but still no luck see plenty but the stalk and long range always gets me.:(
I'd rather be hunting.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
What type of hunting?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2003, 12:32:57 AM »
I asked the wife and she said it was o.k. Let's all go to aussie joe's and hunt awhile. From the US, we can drive there over the weekend, right?????   lol lol :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sounds like a great place to hunt!!!
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Aussie Joe

What type of hunting?
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2003, 02:15:14 AM »
No worries, come on over and I'll put you on to some Aussie game!! :D
I'd rather be hunting.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
What type of hunting?
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2003, 06:11:45 AM »
Camels? Do they taste like goat, or do they taste like they smell? You have some real interesting hunting in NZ and Australia, for sure! I imagine you have to be on the watch for snakes, too! Because of a Chiropractor blowing out my back last year, about the only hunting I am able to do now is small game. I have always been obsessed with squirrel hunting, and now, they really catch it!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments