November 23, 2017, 06:16:31 AM

Author Topic: The bow hunting results......  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
The bow hunting results......
« on: October 20, 2003, 11:34:11 AM »
:cry: As you all know, I've been stuck at the house and haven't made it into the trees yet  :cry:   It looks like my absence has affected my club.  According to the reports I've been getting, they're either being kind and saving all of the deer for me or they are just crappy shots!!! hehehe.  

It's a good thing rifle season just opened, because you wouldn't believe all of the excuses I was hearing for bow misses! :lol:   Now I don't feel quite as bad for not getting to bow hunt this year.   They can't rub it in on me if they're all just whizzing sticks into the wild blue yonder, huh?  hehe

How about everyone else?  Does Southern Sun have the bragging rights for bow so far?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 09:03:58 PM »
Haven't gotten anything with a bow.  Our early MZ season was this past weekend (2 days).  I got to go on Saturday only.  A morning sit of about 5 hours resulted in only squirrels being seen (there was a HEAVY fog).  During the evening (about 4 hours worth), I saw a groundhog and 8 deer (does and buttons).  The big boy didn't show himself.  I had a doe that got down-wind of me right at dark and started blowing, so now she's in the cooler soaking out! :D   Teach her to blow at me!!! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 10:06:05 PM »
Hehe... sounds like a guy on our club.  A few years ago we all went into the woods with the agreement that NO ONE would shoot any does - bucks ONLY!  Later that morning, we hear his 7mm go off and think - cool, he's popped himself a buck.  After meeting up with him, however, it turns out to be a big fat doe.  His reasoning was, "she just kept blowing at me and I didn't want her to scare anything else off".  Hmmmm.... I wonder what that 7mm crack did???   :roll:   hehe too funny!  Oh well,  deer meat in the freezer that day!!  :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 01:13:13 AM »
the day before i shot thie 6 point, i missed a nice 8 point. 25 yards from me , my partner missed a doe, ther were 4 of them, and he failed to see an 8 point 30 yards away. was this the same 8 point ?  the next day,  i didn't see anything in the morning. in the afternoon i saw a doe walk in front of me at about 45 yards. she went to the left and behind a ridge. i heard a bunch of foot steps in the same area and just waited. 10 mins. later she brought he 2 sisters and her boyfriend( my 6 pt.) i shot him and it seemed like a hundred deer ran off through the woods blowing and snorting.
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 08:28:04 AM »
:twisted: I didn`t get out until the second week of Bow-Season,had a spike walk up from behind to my left{I`m Left-Handed}so I couldn`t get turned around far enough because of my Safty Harness was too tight,so I waited till he got in front of me,I was just about to draw back,when another small buck came out of nowhere,and they started going at it right in front of me,about 40 yrd`s,took a second to see witch was bigger,then took a shot,it fell under his chest,between his leg`s,they spooked,one ran away,the other ran back towards me to my left again,loosened my harness, he was 30 yrd`s Broadside,so I took another shot,it dropped as I released,and the arrow went over his shoulder. Last time I saw it,him and 5 of his buddy`s were running across the field,white tail`s just a bounceing away!  So two misses on the same deer,my Butt was sore,from me kicking it all the way back to the truck !!!!!
 After that,I had to change job`s,so I`ve been stuck at home also,but WILL be back at it next week-end........Bow In Hand ! :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Facebook Comments