November 20, 2017, 07:47:24 PM

Author Topic: My season is over  (Read 2464 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
My season is over
« on: May 11, 2009, 09:05:07 PM »
And man did things not work out for me this year!! :tickedoff :tickedoff I was nly able to hunt 4 days total, and only 3 of those were morning hunts. Don't ge tme wrong I loved every minute of it and can't wait till next year. But even with my extra days off I could not seem to make it in the woods. The mornings I had for short hunts it poured or the wind blew 100mph. To be honest I actually got a little down this year, I have been on a dry run with the birds and I pretty much threw in the towel and went fishing instead. Things will be different next year, I am giving up on these small acreage farm birds and I am going to learn and explore the big woods of our huge game land areas. My buddy hunted 4 hours total and tagged out so he is gonna show me around some. I am gonna have to get in better shape and walk but the birds are there and mostly unpressured. So until next year, congrats to all the scored and good luck to those that still have time.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

turkeynutz

Re: My season is over
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »
Sorry to hear your done man. I only got a few more chances in Kansas and Im done too. Better luck next season. O0

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:05:32 PM »
sorry to hear that Big, better luck next year! I had the opportunity, I just couldn't pull it off. My own fault, but shooting the two birds in georgia was still the coolest part of my season! I love turkey hunting  O0
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Online D45/70

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
 :buck2
 I'm still wait'n for the snow to melt.!! ;D :uglystupid2

Still two weeks of season
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:22:53 AM »
:buck2
 I'm still wait'n for the snow to melt.!! ;D :uglystupid2

Still two weeks of season

Just put on your snow camo and head out. O0

I think our season went out yesterday.  I didn't even buy my tags this year, because I knew that I wasn't going to get to go. :'(  I wanted to get out there and take the boy, but with everything else going on I pretty much knew I wasn't going to get to go.

Hopefully next year things will straighten out more for both of us Ned. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online D45/70

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 09:06:43 AM »
 :'(
 Sorry to here that !!
 PS it snowed again last night, man will it ever stop !!!

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »
:'(
 Sorry to here that !!
 PS it snowed again last night, man will it ever stop !!!

:shock: You live in Blizzard, MT?  :roll:
Sad about your hunting, BigS!  :sad: I coulda got ya a couple if you wouldn't mind some tire tracks on them.

I could have nailed a couple of owls for ya, and a few buzzards. Want to know what's usually the smartest bird on the road? A pheasant, even though a few have darted in front of my vehicles and not made it to the other side of the road. I reckon there are a few dumb pheasants, too.

I weed out the slow dumb coyotes from the quick and smart ones, end game is the quick and the dead.  :roll: :wink: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
Thats how its done John! O0  I went up to Kansas today and got to see alot of hens and only three tom's. Got in some good scouten though for the fall hunt and next spring. Dont know if I will have another chance to hunt em this season though. :-\

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 01:33:11 PM »
Thats how its done John! O0  I went up to Kansas today and got to see alot of hens and only three tom's. Got in some good scouten though for the fall hunt and next spring. Dont know if I will have another chance to hunt em this season though. :-\
Well, I sure hope you do, tkn! You must do a lot of driving for your turkey hunting.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »
This new spot in Kansas is only 52 miles from my house. O0 My furthest here is right close to 45 miles. But to get to my Okla. spots its around 150 miles. O0

Facebook Comments