October 20, 2017, 08:35:41 AM

Author Topic: pittsburgh mayor trying to end run  (Read 651 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
pittsburgh mayor trying to end run
« on: May 13, 2009, 06:27:58 AM »
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and city council is being sued by the National Rifle Association over the legality of a city law requiring gun owners to report their lost or stolen guns, but the city now has some fire power backing it.

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence announced on Tuesday during the city council meeting that lawyers from the group will help the city defend itself in the lawsuit.

The lawsuit is trying to strike down a new ordinance aimed at stopping gun trafficking. The ordinance requires gun owners to notify police within 24 hours when their gun is lost or stolen. Failure to do so will result in fines up to $1,000 and possible jail time.

The NRA said that the city's law "severely restricts and/or infringes" on citizens' constitutional right to keep firearms in their homes. The NRA and four individuals also argue in the suit that the city doesn't have the authority to regulate the ownership of firearms.

The lawsuit was filed in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. It names as defendants Ravenstahl and the Pittsburgh City Council. The law was approved by council in December and passed into law 10 days later without Ravenstahl's signature.

The Brady Campaign decided to step in when it heard how the NRA responded to the proposal, which gained steam after the killings of three police officers on April 4.

All work done by The Brady Campaign lawyers will be done for free, officials said.
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: pittsburgh mayor trying to end run
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure the NRA will win this one.  I hope they sue to have their legal fees reimbursed. :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:59:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure the NRA will win this one.  I hope they sue to have their legal fees reimbursed. :twisted:
  O0 Sounds good to me!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 06:29:40 AM »
I am sure it hit national news but if not short unbaised review here..

month or so ago a 21+ year old got into fight with his mother who he lived with, she said get out, and called 911 to have him removed.  one officding was backed up by an offduty (catch that) cop and a second car with two officers, as the mother had stated to the 911 operator there was weapons in the home.

911 didnt forward this info.

first cop in second cop in talking to the mother as kid comes round corner with an ak and pops them in the head..
third cop gets shot dies later in hospital.

first kneejerk reaction was   "COPS ARE OUTGUNNED"
second was "ASSAULT WEAPONS IN CITIZENS HANDS NEED BANNED"
third was "POLICE TO GET 4 DAY TRAINING ON NEW HIGH POWER RIFLES"

wait thier high powered rifles are smith and wessons  assault rifles!!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments