November 21, 2017, 10:45:12 AM

Author Topic: Got on the lake the other day!!  (Read 1151 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Got on the lake the other day!!
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »
Well like I said in my season over turkey post, I decided to go fishing. I finally got around to getting some pics lined up. These are from the trip where i posted about the sign at the ramp. I did not get pics of all the fish we caught, but I ended up catching 6-8 bass and 1 crappie and my buddy Morgan caught about 4 bass and a half dozen or so crappie. Here are some of the better pics from the day.

First bass of the day for me.

Morgans biggest of the day.

Our two best crappie of the day.

And of course a cool scenery pic!

Ned

Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

turkeynutz

Re: Got on the lake the other day!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »
Nice bud. O0 What lake did you all hit?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:36:35 AM »
Looks like you fellas had fun!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:42:53 AM »
TN, we call it Waterville, it is the lake in the Pigeon River Gorge. It is black water and some say still nasty from being downstream from the paper mill. but I will say that water looked alot clearer than some "good" lakes I have been on. There are some monster bass in there but they just were not biting that day. Used to be able to catch 200 crappie with no problem but they would all be hand size. Now that it is cleaner and people are keeping some the population has got more in check and some bigger crappie are turning up.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:19:31 AM »
looks like you did good Big, now get some sun on those legs will ya ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

turkeynutz

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »
TN, we call it Waterville, it is the lake in the Pigeon River Gorge. It is black water and some say still nasty from being downstream from the paper mill. but I will say that water looked alot clearer than some "good" lakes I have been on. There are some monster bass in there but they just were not biting that day. Used to be able to catch 200 crappie with no problem but they would all be hand size. Now that it is cleaner and people are keeping some the population has got more in check and some bigger crappie are turning up.

Ned
You need to come down to Kansas where I been hunten. There are so many water sheds, lakes, ponds and creeks on this 15,000 plus public land. And every one is and has been for years, stocked with bass, crappie and catfish. And one even has trout in it. I think you could spend 5-10 years and still not get em all fished.

Facebook Comments