November 23, 2017, 11:46:18 AM

Author Topic: Squirrel hunting Contest?  (Read 3392 times)

Squirrelhunter91

Squirrel hunting Contest?
« on: November 13, 2004, 09:50:32 PM »
Is anyone interested in having a squirrel hunting contest? I know I am new here, but cut me some slack if this has been attempted before. I think this would be fun. Rules and teams will be posted later.

Joe

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 04:40:05 PM »
Squirrelhunter91, welcome! You are in company of some serious hunters here, but with a good sense of humor, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Squirrelhunter91

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 08:00:21 PM »
Is this going to happen? We have something like this going on hunting.net and I believe that it would be really fun for us to have one here. Thanks for the welcoming John.

Joe

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 08:30:48 PM »
Looks like a pretty serious pellet gun you have there.  So what are you proposing as far as the contest?  Numbers?  Weight?

I think I've got a pretty good jump on about everyone else so far this year.  I've exterminated 35 so far this season, and our season runs to the end of February.  January and February will be the main time I get to go again, and then, the little .17 HMR will really get to SHINE!!! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Squirrelhunter91

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 09:18:04 PM »
Big58cal, That is a Gamo Young Hunter. It shoots 640 fps and is in .177 caliber. I love that gun. So far that gun has gotten me plenty of animals.

The contest will have teams and rules. There will be X amount of people on each team. X is to be determined by them amount of people that sign up. The team that has the most squirrels by the end of the contest wins. The contest will probably end sometime in May, just to make sure that everyones season is over. So how about it?

Joe

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 06:40:58 AM »
As I said, what all are you proposing?  What are the rules?  How are the teams picked?

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Squirrelhunter91

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 07:02:52 AM »
The rules are:

1) The team with the most squirrels down by the ending date, wins.
2) You must take a picture of you with the squirrels in order for the kills to count.
3) No cheating!
4) You can use any type of legal implement in your state ie. slingshot, air rifle, rifle ,shotgun, bow, crossbow.

The teams are picked out of a hat. I will put everyones name in a hat and then post the teams after I have them made. The amount of people to a team depend on the amount of people that join.

Joe

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 07:32:45 AM »
The only thing that I can see that may cause somewhat of a problem is that some people (myself included) hunt by themselves and/or don't have anyone to take a picture for them.  Other than that, everything else seems like it will work.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 09:17:34 AM »
I'm up for it... just another excuse to go into the woods... ( as if I need any, my girlfriend swears that I'm going to sprout leaves soon.)
I agree with BC though, I don't usually have anyone to take my picture....  so what do we do for that???

one more question, what about the different seasons, like Mr. Andrews has untill the end of feb.  and I only go until the end of Dec....
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 10:15:38 AM »
I agree with firekidd, We have a lot more season here, plus a more liberal range of game. For instance, fox squirrels cannot be taken in some areas of the country, but they are just another one for the pot here. Our daily bag limits differ  from state to state. Right across the river from me, the limit is 5, we are at 6. Plus, some of you are far outgunned. Even I know not to go up against someone like BC, no competition whatever on my part. You win, BC!  :mrgreen: The only competition I have entered into has been fishing tournaments, and I got whupped. Florida has open season for the entire year, and we know there are some real deadeye shots that hail from Florida, such as catfishsr. Ol' gutpiles, firekidd, and many others here are no slouches, either. I give up. You guys win. :wink:  :D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments