December 13, 2017, 11:35:19 PM

Author Topic: Getting the Equinox Tricked Out!  (Read 4681 times)

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: Getting the Equinox Tricked Out!
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 11:20:10 AM »
When  we first moved in, there used to be a lot of cats.  The Mayor across the road has slowly gotten them thinned out. O0  Now, it's rare to see a cat anywhere. ;D O0
Wait you live across the street from the Mayor?
Rich!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »
Wait you live across the street from the Mayor?
Rich!!

Yep! O0  One night when we were moving in he came over and introduced himself.  He had on flip flops, ratty cut off jean shorts, a dirty t-shirt, and a beer in his hand. ;D  He said then that he was the self-appointed Mayor of Waterford.  ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 11:48:54 AM »
Only way to be, isnt it?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline BUDFIELDS

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 05:59:59 PM »
Hey Partner..

That is one fine looking crossbow!!! I am guessing that bumper-bar system would also work on my Phoenix. I would appereciate hearing any information about where to order one and the approximate cost.

The only changes I made on my Phoenix was I added a sling to it and everything else is still "factory" specs. I have been experimenting with arrows and broadheads though.. The quiver is still mounted on the side... Looking forward to maybe getting a set of those bars on it to quiet it down some...

Bud Fields
                                           budfields@verizon.net

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 12:44:13 PM »
PM sent. O0  Gotcha hooked up.

With the addition of my Boo string, it slowed the beast down a little, but it quietened it down considerably, which was the main thing that I was after. O0

I'm going to go with the Excalibur Boltcutters this year and the Firebolt carbon arrows.  This looks to give me a FOC of about 12-13%.  Next year I'm going to start fletching and cresting my own arrows, so (depending upon what I can get the arrows to do) I'll probably switch to a 100 grain head next year if I can still keep the FOC at about 12%. O0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:51:52 PM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments