December 16, 2017, 11:27:52 PM

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1411 times)

Offline DarkAngel

• Applied for my club membership...
  • It's can't get much better then this!
Greetings
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
Greetings all,

I'm an Army Brat who ended settling down in my dad's home state of Vermont.

I have always been an outdoors person, love to be in the woods hiking, fishing, hunting anything that has to do with being out in mother nature.  I'm a published hunting sports writer and while in Vermont I had my own hunting sports column.  I dabble in taxidermy and love to add my own flair to the animals I preserve.  I'll post a couple samples here.

I finally met the love of my life and soul mate who loves the outdoors as much as I do. We tied the knot this past October 3rd in Vermont. 

His home is in Idaho so here I am.  He was a member on this site a long time ago as Pops. Pops suggested we peek in and see how things are going.  So far I like what I see the site is easy to use and folks seem friendly and helpful. 

Best to all
Keep the spirit alive

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
Pretty neat taxidery stuff you have there DarkAngel.  O0  I've thought about doing the back piece mount off of a turkey.  I may just have to do that with the next one.  ;D

Don't know if your hubby remembers what the place used to look like, but it's changed quite a bit.  About the worst thing you have to watch out for around here is all of the flying B.S.! ;D  John Andrews is one of the worst, so don't believe anything he tells you. :wink: :idiot2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »
Nice peices there DA! O0 And welcome to the group of misfits. :wink:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline olsplittoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 07:06:59 PM »
Howdy, howdy, derrrrrr howdy :), welcome to the campfire!!!  O0 O0 Sure like the "taxi" some good looking stuff, no punn intended. I look forward to seeing some of your post.
PSE-passthru shot evertime

Offline DarkAngel

• Applied for my club membership...
  • It's can't get much better then this!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »
I can handle BS, Andrews is my maiden name and I come from a LONG line of BS'ers. :uglystupid2

My favorite Uncle's name was John Andrews creepy  :D

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »
You got a pony tail and eat doggies too? ;D ;D :shock: O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:25:30 AM »
I can handle BS, Andrews is my maiden name and I come from a LONG line of BS'ers. :uglystupid2

My favorite Uncle's name was John Andrews creepy  :D

Does he salivate heavily at the pet store?
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 08:22:06 AM »
Hey, how about that! Welcome to the gang, DarkAngel!
Small world, huh? I can tell right now, your uncle HAD to be a great fella with a name like mine.  :wink: O0
Funny, I was an Army brat, too. I was born on an Army post, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX.

And I have spent a lot of time in Idaho and Vermont. I have a pal I worked with that went back to his prior place of work, that Kraft plant at Troy, VT. We spent a lot of time there on business, as well as the rest of the state.

So, what's Pops been up to? It looks like you are showing him the ropes when it comes to hunting.  O0
Where did you live in Vermont? And where do you live in Idaho, if permitted ot say?

I didn't have the pleasure of hunting or fishing in Vermont while working there but did while in Idaho. I also vacationed in Idaho and hunted outside Nampa next to that waterfowl refuge.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline stumpuller

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »
Wow Pops was lucky to find some one like you, Any more at home like you? LOL Stumpuller
stumpuller

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
Wow... now there's a name I've not seen in forever. I take it you're keeping Pops in line. Mayhaps you could give him a friendly slap upside his dome for not popping in himself. :knuppel2 ;D O0

In any case, welcome to the pile. There's always room for one more. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Facebook Comments