October 17, 2017, 04:20:40 PM

Author Topic: Official Deer Season Thread  (Read 2473 times)

Offline PsYcHo

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Official Deer Season Thread
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 09:20:14 PM »
I got a big bodied 4 point on the 1st day I hunted in VA (only got 3 days in the woods).  I would not have taken it if I had more time to hunt but I needed to put some meat in the fridge and it was hte only deer I saw.  I hope to get a doe or 2 in MD next week though.

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 09:43:25 PM »
well the first weekend i went out (youth hunt)i saw a spike, a really nice 6 point and 10 does i let them all walk then on opening morning i saw a 4 point let him walk and about 9:15 i got my nice 8 point i would like to post the pics but for some reason my computer wont let me so if some one will help me post them i woudl be thankfull
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline Smokey41

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 10:06:56 PM »
Quote from: Squirrelhunter91
Very nice totals D45/70!!!!

John I hate it when people shoot little deer. Rifle season opens up monday here in NY and thats when the woods get turned upside down after early archery......

Joe

That's where I will be, upstate NY, near Schenectady.

Offline PsYcHo

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 10:09:59 PM »
I dont like NY.....at least where I am.....in NYC.  I miss the fresh clean country air.......and being 20 min away from where I hunt.  Uncle Sam did nto want me in VA anymore.....I guess he needs me more in NY.         :(  :cry:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 12:08:26 AM »
Way to go D45/70!!! =D>  \:D/   Wish I were in your neck of the woods.

Squirrelslayer, send me a PM (private message) and I'll walk you through posting the picture.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Lopalong

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 08:46:06 PM »
Wifey dropped a 7 point cull last night and an 11 pointer tonight.  She is on a roll. :D  I had a great hunt a couple of days ago and will fill ya'll in....had to many scotch N soda's tonight to do the story justice.   :shock:  :D  :D
Sometimes I wake up grumpy, sometimes I let her sleep in.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 02:01:10 PM »
Shame on you lopalong.................drinkin scotch N soda.............your setting a bad example............. only drink Bourbon and soda!!!! :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 11:20:22 AM »
Put me down for a fat freezer doe!She was in the garden..........I said.........what the heck! \:D/
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

april

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 02:48:30 PM »
LoL...Congrats to all... :wink:

Offline Lopalong

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 10:09:15 PM »
Sippin a Beam and coke atm so I can type now.  Something causes the scotch N soda to go down too fast. :shock:   One of my best hunts ever happened the other morning and I never fired a shot.  Walking to my stand a doe confronted me.  We stood and stared at each other for a few minutes and she eventually walked off showing no alarm.  Got to the stand and settled in and 2 does walked out feeding.  A spike shortly followed and one doe ran him off. :D   About 15 minutes later I heard some grunting to my right.  A hot doe crossed behind my stand about 10 yards away and had a nice 8 point behind her in tow.  A few minutes later I heard some grunting the direction they came from and I started grunting.  A nice 10 point came up to the back of my stand looking for whatever was grunting.  He caught scent of the doe that had passed and took off in pursuit.  About 5 minutes later a 6 point passed behind him backtrailing the scent.  Poor guy didn't know he was going the wrong direction.  Ten minutes later another hot doe crossed me on the right side about 25 yards away with a nice 8 point hot after her and the 6 point.  Another 5 minutes passed and another hot doe crossed to my front about 30 yards away with 2 eight points in tow.  Had to be one of the most exciting hunts of my life.  I was so caught up in what was going on and putting the scope on every buck I failed to get any of it on video tho. :(
Thus far, out of our house, the count killed is 4 bucks, 5 cull bucks, and 16 does.  Primary rut is over and secondary should come in around the 10 of December.  :D
Sometimes I wake up grumpy, sometimes I let her sleep in.

Facebook Comments