November 18, 2017, 04:59:13 AM

Author Topic: City tree rat  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Big Papa

City tree rat
« on: November 15, 2004, 09:03:47 AM »
Do you guys and gals eat city tree rats?  Now I live in the burbs and there is 5 acers behind my house so I think there diet would be the same as their bro's in the woods,although I have seen some in my trash once with a doughnut in his mouth running up a tree. I have been out about 10 times this season and have not got one yet so that kid makes me jealous :(  I hunt conservation land always busy guys with dogs  there is always shotguns going off and its only 150acers or so   I have seen some but they here me coming on the dry...dry...dry leaves  and the squirells are gone like they got a rocket up there butts.......if the kid has any advice that would be great :wink:
Big Papa is here!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
City tree rat
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 09:37:26 PM »
City squirrels eat just as good as country squirrels, probably even better.  Everybody knows that city people are softer and aren't as "hardened" as country people, so the same must surely be true of squirrels also! :D   They should be good and tender.

Sounds like you're probably moving too fast if the squirrels are hearing you and taking off.  Try taking only 1-2 really slow steps at a time and then stand for a few minutes.  Also, this time of year when the leaves are gone, you can see for a pretty good distance.  I do most of my hunting just sitting.  Sit in one area for a half hour or so.  If you don't get anything, or shoot all the squirrels, then pack up and move about 75-100 yds and sit down again for a while.  Doing that, you should be able to get something for the pot! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments