November 19, 2017, 03:33:11 AM

Author Topic: A little fathers day fishing  (Read 756 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
A little fathers day fishing
« on: June 22, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »
 :buck2
Rain-Rain! Did I say Rain?
It rained all day long, at times it slowed down to a Gully washer but most of the day it was more of a monsoon type rain.
 We got out of town at 5:00 am and where on the water by 8:00,a slight SW wind and RAIN We got about 4 miles up the lake and It started to Really Rain so we decided to get near shore and anchor up and jig. I was setting the anchor then went to the back and the kids all ready had walleye in the boat" What the H***". Thats the way the day went, fish after fish all day. We had a boat Limit in an hour then upgraded . All nice eating fat fish.If I had to put a number on the catch I would guess like 30 walleye and we put back near that many Pike.The water was 66* and must have rained 2", we left at two so we could get home to a Fathers day BBQ. NICE DAY!!!!

This was the Killer bait.

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Meat Hunter #737

Re: A little fathers day fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:37:01 AM »
good times, and good eats right there........
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:23:33 PM »
SWEET! O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:00:55 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Nice going and great pictures, D45!
I took last week off and spent most of it trolling for walleyes with some sucess. We trolled with the small Walldivers. They work the best here in the Mississippi River and dive to 7'.
The 'eyes were hitting all colors, including the clown pattern. The biggest ones hit the silver/black. We caught some nice ones Thursday AM, my biggest was 4 pounds.
We spent a few hours anchored on an underwater rockpile in the river and just casted to them, catching some respectable eaters, too.

The ideal situation here is when you are slow trolling where you can feel the plugs banging on the rocks on the bottom. The wallydivers are floaters and will usually free themselves from a snag and float up when slack if given with your fishing line. We lost only 2 plugs the whole week while fishing the snag infested river, both in the same snag.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments