October 17, 2017, 05:42:18 AM

Author Topic: estrus  (Read 3036 times)

april

estrus
« on: November 16, 2004, 04:18:17 AM »
Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a product that is, I believe to be some kind of buck attractant...but, made by a company called bordercrossing. I'm sorry I don't know the name, it was thrown to me by an aquaintance. But, heard tell it was like $50 a pop at 22 cc's or abouts.  But, also heard it was awesome. Anyone ever used it? If it's as good as I was told, I'd like to check it out. But,  thought I'd ask around first.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
estrus
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 06:32:05 PM »
I saw it on some TV show such as ESPN outdoors or something similar. It is called VS-1 scent. I also remembered their website : http://www.bordercrossinglabs.com/
Your right, it is expensive, and I don't know why it would be any better than any of the other doe-in-estrus scents out there. I have a hunting buddy who is extremely frugal, and he hangs around the meatpole at deer camp with his hypodermic needle and pill bottle "collecting" urine from deer that are brought in. He claims it works as well or better than anything he's ever bought. He hasn't done any scientific studies, but I for one HAVE seen deer sniffing scent balls that he has put out. For all I know, these companies that sell all this stuff gather it the same way my buddy does. :-k
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

april

estrus
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 10:17:08 PM »
LoL..well, if that's the case...then I won't bother. He's right, your friend......if you want "that scent"...no where better to get it than straight from the source. :wink:

Thanks for the link and name. I may end up just checking it out. "What the heck", ya know?  :D

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
estrus
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 05:26:06 PM »
April, to be honest, I don't think you really need to use the stuff. We think you are quite attractive as it is! :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

estrus
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 08:45:06 PM »
:lol: ... thanky...but, I always like a lil "helping heat" working for me.
But, I think I'm gonna nix this stuff cause a bud is gonna try it out himself...wait and see the results for him.
"Hocks" and doe bladder "juice" works just fine with me though.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
estrus
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 12:14:38 PM »
Just put a little dab behind each ear and then a dab on each wrist and you should be just fine
(\__/)
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

april

estrus
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 06:16:54 PM »
Lmao , I'm not tryin to date the bucks.....  :lol:  :wink:

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
estrus
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 07:13:33 AM »
.........just leading them on
(\__/)
(")_(")

april

estrus
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 02:57:33 PM »
LoL.....

thinking about it....and I have to say you're right.(since it's doe "heat") Kinda funny. :P

Offline john

estrus
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 11:18:49 AM »
hmmmmnow that i think of it? wonder if peanut butter would attract squirrels? ormaybe squirrel in heat? does that come in a bottle?

Facebook Comments