December 12, 2017, 06:45:38 PM

Author Topic: 22 for coons  (Read 12673 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 22 for coons
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 12:18:09 AM »
Don't let Plott get under your skin. He's a houndsman from way back. His hounds have been to strecth a coon into a small Buffalo and cats.. don't get me started.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »
If the dog cant catch it on the ground or yer to skeered to climb up there and jump it out  just kill the damn thing in the tree
  O0 YEP!
I preferred .22 LR head shots when we didn't squawl or shake them out. One of many of my cousins I coon hunted with always swore .22 shorts were best but I never did agree with him.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
And since he's already been quoted once, I'll throw another one in there. In the words of Jerry Clower, "Just shoot up in here amongst us. One of us got to have some relief."

It wudn't no coon.......  It was a lynx!  That's what we call "sooped-up wildcats". ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
Been behind 1 or 2 hounds in my life. mostly run plotts and bmcs but have had a few blue dogs that could catch em on the ground as easy as tree them. but mostly doin what i love and thats rattlin fngs chains
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline TNfarmboy

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »
Been behind 1 or 2 hounds in my life. mostly run plotts and bmcs

Plotts AND cur dogs?!?!
Well there's your problem right there  ;D
Just messing with ya Plott.
The only truth a houndsman has ever said is when he calls another houndsman a liar.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »
Actually yer right it is a problem but after intensive therapy i hope to be cured of this hound adiction     
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 07:35:53 PM »
Plotts AND cur dogs?!?!
Well there's your problem right there  ;D

He don't call'em "The Trash Pack" for nothin'   O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 08:06:01 PM »
the first rule of pokin stick club  dont ever apologize  or else ill have to start doin it to the walker guys

Offline TNfarmboy

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 12:20:10 AM »
the first rule of pokin stick club  dont ever apologize  or else ill have to start doin it to the walker guys

Heck you oughtta know better than to be throwin rocks at them Walker dogs anyways.
The only truth a houndsman has ever said is when he calls another houndsman a liar.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 07:26:59 AM »
I'll have ya know I hunted behind some real good Walkers, but that was a lot of years ago. I've never even heard of any good Walkers since then. 

One I hunted behind, caught a lot of coon on the ground. He'd shup up and run silent when he hit a hot track and then open when he hit a coon. He was fast as greased lightning, too. He belonged to an old fella that had hunted a lot of years.

Most Walkers back then were fox dogs, around here.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments