November 20, 2017, 06:36:17 AM

Author Topic: 22 for coons  (Read 12492 times)

Offline johndeere540

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Re: 22 for coons
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 02:01:10 PM »
Around here we have plenty of plotts that can catch,fight, and kill the bibbest of boar coon. OOP's, Oh yeah they had plenty of practice fighting amonst one another first. ;D

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »
Nothin but CB longs for me. Don't hardly penetrate the hide so it doesn't mess the hide up. And we try to shoot them in the back legs. Never in the head. That is the easiest way to get one hung in a tree. Plus in the back legs they still have some fight left in them if they don't fall from too high up in the tree. Nothing like a good coon fight   :wink:
:roll: Hmmm, wait just a minute. You use CBs as to not mess the hide up, but then let the dogs stretch 'em out.  ;D ;D ;D Do teeth-holed hides sell better than bullet-holed hides? :wink:
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline johndeere540

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 07:24:24 PM »
:roll: Hmmm, wait just a minute. You use CBs as to not mess the hide up, but then let the dogs stretch 'em out.  ;D ;D ;D Do teeth-holed hides sell better than bullet-holed hides? :wink:
I've never used the cb's! I've also not seen many holes cause by teeth in a hide. If someone is getting tooth hole then the dog is chewing on the coon a little too long. It take a lot to bite a hole in a limp coon carcass.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 08:13:03 PM »
Thats funny ya bring up plotts fightin each other cause i keep hearin bout but havent seen it  and that includes the plott hog dogs ive run 
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline johndeere540

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 08:47:54 PM »
There some guys around here that have plott's that would rather fight each other than fight a coon. I'd call them as you already said in one post: Fertilizer! I have seen dogs in every breed that would fight at the tree alot though just more seem to be plotts. Nothing against your hounds though plott. I was just busting your nutz. ;D ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »
aint goin to bother me im just curious why if a dog fights at a tree alot why it aint left under the tree
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »
Ya know the reason plotts fight each other? they want to fight the tuffest thing in the timber and there aint nuthin tuffer then a plott hound

Offline johndeere540

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 10:04:47 PM »
aint goin to bother me im just curious why if a dog fights at a tree alot why it aint left under the tree
I had a redbone once that came into the tree and started a fight. I'm pretty sure he's still treed on that same tree. What a dog! ;D That was about 10 years ago.I learned long time ago hunting with others that most field trialers love their dogs to fight at the tree cause it drives the other dogs off. I say smash them into the tree.

Offline johndeere540

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »
Ya know the reason plotts fight each other? they want to fight the tuffest thing in the timber and there aint nuthin tuffer then a plott hound
:roll:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 10:13:38 AM »
  :wink: ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments