November 18, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

Author Topic: Florida Hogs  (Read 1226 times)

BBF

Florida Hogs
« on: July 01, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
GLORY BE !! ;D ;D
The Missus and I have made arrangements to get outta this place for the coming winter. We are set up( primitive  like) to spent most of it in Florida.
We got fishing gear and I got a 45-70 stashed away down south. Can somebody recommend a ranch, outfitter with a reasonable price that has hogs? I am not doing the AB thing with knife, spear or sword. :roll:
This will be a rifle hunt for a eating size hog. We don't have room or interest to mount a head regardless how ugly it is :D.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Florida Hogs
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 03:43:55 PM »
Depending upon where you're going to settle in at, either Gatortrapper or Catfishsr might be able to help you out on locating a place.  If nothing else, the things are everywhere down there, so get a license and go to a WMA. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 04:56:43 AM »
No promises but i got a friend down there, he keeps boasting to me about the 250 pound hog he nailed with his 12 guage buckshot. What are you a senior citizen why are you going to florida? Like to play in hurricanes?
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

BBF

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 04:32:36 PM »
Yep, I am an OF :wink:
With those hurricanes you get at least a warning and we can hook up the trailer and hoof it out of there.
Here on the other hand crap winter weather hits you very fast. There is just one highway out of this Province which more then likely is worse then where I am and where would you go in Canada ??

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:05:52 PM »
Where in Florida are you going. I haven't spoken to my friends down there who hog hunt for several years so I can't promise anything, but depending on location and cost I can probably find you someplace. Summer hunting in Florida can be very taxing on people and the dogs.(summer is through October dontcha' know :wink:)

If you plan on staying down there for awhile you might want to consider coming to Georgia to hunt. The Southern half of the state is being overrun from what I hear and the pigs are doing damage to farmers crops big time. Hogs are not game animals in Georgia and can be hunted day or night and over bait as well. I still have a few numbers of places that allow hunting and should be reasonable as far as cost goes. You can always hunt public land if you're worried about spending too much but it's more of a hit and miss than on private land.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:07:38 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:09:32 AM »
That would be my choice, bo. Good advice!  O0
Less travel when the big storms roll up from the Gulf, too.
We lived in Baytown Texas, right on the Gulf, about 200 yards from the water for a while and were always uneasy during storms. We lived there in between hurricanes and I would not like being there during one or have to contend with them. The normal tropical storms we had were bad enough.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »
The only good thing about hurricanes if there is such a thing as "good" about them is that you get plenty of warning so you can pack up the tepee and vamoose. A tornado on the other hand could have you doing the Merry go round in no time flat.
I've spent a couple of winter just east of Austin TX and had some bad moments in a cabin there.

Re hogs, yep I don't mind a drive and spending a few $ for a good chance.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »
 O0 Yep on the dang tornadoes!  :shock:
I never had to flee a hurricane.  I luckily wasn't living down there when they had them. I did have to repair considerable hurricane damage, though.
I bet there are some hogs going to get theirs when BBF gets there.  :twisted: :knuppel2 :buck2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline steeliebob

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 01:19:54 PM »
Check with the military bases. They are looking for people to shoot hogs and they can easily provide a couple of guys to guide you. Georgia is probably a better bet than Florida. Call ahead with plenty of advance notice of your hunt so they can get you processed with a background check. Do your homework before you go and you can have a shootin good time at a low cost. Also get in contact with a processor because you don't want the pig riding around in your truck too long before it is turned into chops

Facebook Comments