November 21, 2017, 10:50:26 PM

Author Topic: Why does my scope keeping going out of alignment?  (Read 827 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Why does my scope keeping going out of alignment?
« on: July 06, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
Why doesn't my scope keep going out of alignment?

LOL   :roll:   Interesting slo-mo on a 50BMG.....

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Why does my scope keeping going out of alignment?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
Why doesn't my scope keep going out of alignment?

Why doesn't it keep going out of alignment? ???  I don't know why it doesn't.  Looks like it probably should though. :wink: ;D

And this is why I insisted on having a steel base and rings for the scope on my .444 Marlin.  The guy at the gun shop thought I was just wasting my money for insisting on steel for both. :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 07:03:55 PM »
Man that's awesome.
I love watching footage taken with a high speed camera.
It gives a whole new perspective.

That show Time Warp on Discovery is pretty sweet.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:15:48 PM »
I always wanted to start a deer hunting club where all the members had to shoot .50 BMG's :crazy2 :uglystupid2 :idiot2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »
Actually, all scopes and rifle barrels flex when the gun is fired. It's a type of resonation that is tuned to shoot accurately when the rifle and scope are properly set up. You can purchase barrel tuners that slide over the barrel and lock on at a chosen spot to change the resonation of the barrel. Changing the resonation actually changes the Point of Impact (POI). My rifles are properly set up and don't need them.
Improperly stocked or poorly bedded rifle stocks is another resonation problem.
Like BC, I use only good steel rings and mounts and a properly bedded rifle that includes a floated barrel so the barrel doesn't contact the stock. Stock material contacting the barrel will 99.99% of the time create accuracy problems.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments