December 14, 2017, 11:27:40 PM

Author Topic: Why Compound Bows Should Be Banned From Crossbow Season!  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Why Compound Bows Should Be Banned From Crossbow Season!
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:19:05 AM »
I've been thinking about it and I believe compounds should be banned from crossbow season for several reasons:

• Todays modern compounds are much too light and easy to carry in the woods which promotes laziness among hunters!
  • You can get a second shot off with a compound too easily making the all important aspect of making your first shot count unimportant, this no doubt brings the type of hunters I don't want into my woods!!
  • Todays compounds are way too quiet with all the new fangled add ons, which gives little chance for a deer to jump the string.  This gives an unfair advantage to the hunter which is causing way too many of "my deer" to be shot!!
  • The longer arrows that compounds shoot are more stable at greater distances letting hunters take shots that are way too far anyway.
  • Compound shooters have easy access to pro shops and parts to repair and ranges to shoot their bow, while a crossbow shooter must order parts and not allowed at many ranges and clubs.
  • More people hunt with a compound than x-bows, so they're going to kill all of the deer.
  • The compound is the poachers tool because it is so quiet.

So what'cha think folks?  I say they be outlawed!!! >:(

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:27:36 AM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Why Compound Bows Should Be Banned From Crossbow Season!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 09:24:50 AM »
Now that you've read that and got all fired up, it's pretty silly isn't it? ;D ;D ;D

All that list is, is a reversal of some of the anti rhetoric spewed by some vertical bow shooters against the crossbow. O0  I don't really think they should be banned, I just posted that to prove a point. O0

Here's a good article to read:

CROSSBOWS: MYTH & FACTS
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:47:36 AM »
When it comes to hunting, I'm for whatever works.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:22:54 AM »
Now that you've read that and got all fired up, it's pretty silly isn't it? ;D ;D ;D

All that list is, is a reversal of some of the anti rhetoric spewed by some vertical bow shooters against the crossbow. O0  I don't really think they should be banned, I just posted that to prove a point. O0
;D I figured that's what that was.  We talked a bit about it when I had my hunters safety class a few months back.

BBF

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »
Well,...........an RPG would work as well :D

Everything being said I still prefer a modern rifle regardless of action type.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 11:32:37 AM »
Well,...........an RPG would work as well :D

Everything being said I still prefer a modern rifle regardless of action type.
  O0 Right on! I can tell right now, BBF is a gentleman of refinement and quality.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:34:14 AM »
At first, I was left scratching my head, wondering both what you were up to and why the sudden intolerance.

There's a lot of folks who are against x-bows and feel they're right in doing so, but all it does is add fuel to the anti-'s. If they can get us fighting each other, we won't be fighting them as much. The end result is that we lose ground. Hunting is hunting and it's not anybody's place to say that thier way is THE way, so long as it's legal. :roll: :knuppel2
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »
Hunting is hunting and it's not anybody's place to say that thier way is THE way, so long as it's legal. :roll: :knuppel2
Is hunting with a shovel legal? ???

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 08:06:53 PM »
When it comes to hunting, I'm for whatever works.  O0

Exactly!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

We've tackled this issue before and as everyone here knows, I'm a recurve man, but I don't care if people use X-bows or compounds. But there is that element out there who thinks it's their way or the highway.

It really makes you sick too.

The compound users who want to ban X-bows and the so called QDMA guys who want to ban dogs for deer.

These two groups are a BIGGER threat to hunting than any of the PETAfiles we have have to contend with.

Big58 is right in EVERY aspect.

This is one of the main reasons why I'm here at Gut Pile and not at the sites that specialize in Georgia. Over there you have these buttpugs who have IQ's of a turnip green and about as much class as an $5.00 crack whore (probably less)

In the end if we lose it will be our own stupidity that caused it.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:31:15 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 09:44:43 PM »
Its turning hunting into a profit making scam too! To me if you go out and pay to be handed a animal to kill, your killen our livelyhood right there! You know what Im meanen too. Theres no fun in it if its costly or work, to me! I mean wheres the thrill in knowing you are getting a trophy if you pay enough for it? I think I would pin up cows and shoot em, its the same thing. Or better yet Bob paid 1,000 bucks for a bow, I will pay 1,200 to out do him. lmfao I see that all the time with guys. And you aint crap if you dont shoot a Mathews, which in my oppinion, is a crap bow anyway. A dead deer is a dead deer, weather its with 1,200 dollar bow or a 300 dollar one! I think they need to have all archery season and all gun season. Stead of spliten it all up to confuse people, exspecially here. Where they change regs as much as their underwear.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Facebook Comments