November 25, 2017, 04:12:49 AM

Author Topic: summer steelhead  (Read 857 times)

Offline bigdogx71

summer steelhead
« on: July 14, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
Spent a couple nights last week chasing summer runs in south western michigan, What a riot no fish in freshwater compares to the acrobatics or the drag screaming runs of a fresh 13lb summer run.  Both nights we where rewarded with double digit hookups and even managed to land quite a few.  Best summer run fishing ive had in quite a few years...got a pic posted of one of those chrome demons on the photo page... :)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: summer steelhead
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:24:18 AM »
AWESOME, bigdog! I have never caught a decent steelhead, caught a ton of undersized coastal ones in Washington that I had to release.  :'(
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: summer steelhead
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »
Probably the cooler summer that we've had in the Northern part of the country has alot to do with the run...I've only worn shorts outside a half dozen times this year....todays high here is only 72.......fish on......
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments