October 18, 2017, 01:50:38 AM

Author Topic: Hello Folks  (Read 1433 times)

Offline BUDFIELDS

Hello Folks
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:51:20 PM »
Hello Folks..

I just happened to find the site and it looks GREAT!!! I am from Indiana and I have been deer hunting for about 45 years nows. I am an avid bowhunter, muzzleloader and crossbow user.... Been very fortunate through the years taking 243 deer with bow, 93 deer with muzzleloader and 5 deer with crossbow. I would probably throw rocks at them if I had too...

Sure hope to make some new friends and share some hunting experiences.

Bud Fields
                                               Galveston, Indiana

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Hello Folks
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 07:29:09 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!! O0  Glad to have you Bud!  It's about time we got another crossbow shooter on here!  I've pretty much been all by my lonesome on here 'cause this bunch of slackers ain't got around to the "other" bow. :roll: ;D

I'm amazed that you can keep up with that many deer. :shock:  I'm afraid to even try to count mine, but I know it's nowhere near your amounts.  Guess I need to get to work, huh? ;D

Jump in on some of the stuff going on.  Even revive some older topics if you want.  It don't make no difference to us. O0

We're all pretty dysfunctional, but we have a good time. ;D  This isn't your "typical" hunting site though, as you may have already noticed.  We argue very little, if any really, and we're pretty unorthodox in just about everything we do.  But like I said, we have a good time. O0 ;D

Whatever you do though, don't eat anything the old Indian on here offers you! :buck2  If you survive, you'll regret it!  And only believe about 1/10th of what he tells you. :roll:  He's older than dirt and ain't quite all there anymore. :idiot2

Jump in, pull up a stump, and stay upwind of the camp stew kettle. :shock: ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:42:40 PM »
Welcome Bud. BC pretty well said it all but welcome anyways. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 09:43:30 AM »
Welcome Bud do you do most of your hunting in IN?
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline BUDFIELDS

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 11:58:51 AM »
Hello ray4ocal,

The last few years I have pretty well hunted Indiana but I was hunting Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota, Kentucky, Illinois and Pennsylvania. I still make an occassional triop to Michigan but many of the conatcts I had YEARS ago, have passed on. It is MUCH harder to make contacts like the ones I had.

Indiana has some DANDY bucks and I have checked out a few possibilities but most of them already have an abundance of hunters on them...

Many of the locations I hunted are now shopping malls, parking lots, etc. and landowner/hunter relationships are not what they used to be.

A always stated before I would hunt a "high-fenced" area, I would have a HUGE garage sale and make my wife a ZILLIONAIRE, (or is that ZILLIONAIRESS???)

Bud Fields
                                              Galveston, Indiana

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 09:51:56 AM »
Welcome to the Pile, Bud!
Don't listen to that rascal BC, he has a distorted opinion of me even though I am his mentor.  :wink:
Hey, do you like camp stew?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BUDFIELDS

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »
Hello John..

THANKS for the welcome :). Sure seems like there are MANY good folks and some OUTSTANDING hunters here :wink:. Hope I can 'fit in.." I can tell stories as well as the next guy and you can believe HALF of the lies I tell!!!  :D ;D :uglystupid2

Camp Stew.. SURE!!! I have had that countless times. I have even tried to eat antler stew twice. That was all the landowner was going to allow to me take because the buck expired on his property. That is a story in itself.

Bud Fields

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 12:28:54 PM »
Welcome to the Pile, Bud!
Don't listen to that rascal BC, he has a distorted opinion of me even though I am his mentor.  :wink:
Hey, do you like camp stew?

Don't let him lie to you Bud! :shock:  We couldn't identify anything in the camp stew and he's had it simmering since last November. :buck2  He's also not telling the truth about him being my mentor. :roll: :roll: :roll:  A bunch of us on here are the ones that taught him how to head shoot squirrels.  Prior to that he was still chasing them around in a loin cloth throwing spears at them. :roll:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline olsplittoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »
Welcome to ya's Bud, glad you found the camp. They ain't lieing bout the camp stew or that old indian, just your typical hunting camp. Good friends and lots a good ol stories.
PSE-passthru shot evertime

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 09:47:20 AM »
Yeah, thanks to you guys, my spear throwing skills are rusty, but not my scalping skills.  :twisted:  :knuppel2 ;D
About my camp stew, it is gastronomical delight.  :wink:
And about my shooting, well, I can still nail them in the head most of the time.  :roll:

Back to my spear skills, Sitting Bull threw a quarter into the air and I nailed it with a spear.  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments