November 18, 2017, 09:02:45 AM

Author Topic: .17 HMR Happy Hunting Story  (Read 2121 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
.17 HMR Happy Hunting Story
« on: November 19, 2004, 02:36:39 PM »
Last year one of my hunting buddies witnessed my .17 rifle's effectiveness when it comes to squirrel hunting. He (Ray) vowed he would own one. Last week he bought a .17 Marlin that I spotted at Wal Mart, :D  \:D/  and we sighted it in last Saturday. Then, we proceeded to kill some squirrels that day, all :shock:  head shots. Early Wednesday morning, a hunting pal of his took him coyote hunting, and Ray took along his .17. The fellas had called and moved 3 times, and were thinking about quitting for the day. Ray happened to look behind them and spotted a coyote sitting about 50 yards behind them, watching them. As Ray was slowly swinging his rifle around to shoot, the coyote stood up and started to trot away. Ray whistled and the 'yote stopped and turned, looking at them. Ray's bullet hit the coyote just right above :shock:  between the eyes, and the rascal dropped like a sack of potatoes. Now, I have a buddy that is begging me to go squirrel hunting! Another happy note, I am hunting a super squirrel timber that Ray had lined up. My pickings have been pretty slim this year because of the  low
 :(  population of squirrels where I have been hunting. All because of a super little .17 caliber, I have a new timber and lots of squirrels to hunt. :D  :D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 08:53:22 PM »
Good job on the ".17 recruit" and his new toy! Sounds like a happy hunting experience indeed. ;)

Squirrelhunter91

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 08:56:35 AM »
Hey John, if you got so many squirrels to hunt, how about you join in on the contest. :D :lol:

Joe :)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »
Thanks, folks! Squirrelhunter91, yep, I have squirrels to hunt, and thanks for the contest invite, :D  but no thanks.  Old redskins like me just like to slip into the timber, be invisible, kill a few, and slip out, like we were not even there. Except for the gunshot, you probably would not even know I was there. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the invite, but it's not numbers I am after, it's more like the stalk and outsmarting a few of them. It keeps my skills honed, and makes my day job more effective, too. Oh, yeah, head shots only. :shock:  Y'all ought to put that in your rules! That's all I go for, head shots. I have the ultimate killing equipment, far as I can afford, which permits me to be choosey. What are you folks using, by the way? How about this? I'm hijacking my own thread! :lol:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 03:55:51 PM »
I love the 17hmr nails the yote stories!!!Long live the 17hmr :roll:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 03:56:29 PM »
I love the 17hmr nails the yote stories!!!Long live the 17hmr :roll:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 03:57:25 PM »
GReat!.........now my computer is going crazy too!! :evil:

Facebook Comments