November 19, 2017, 03:32:11 AM

Author Topic: When does your bow season start?  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
When does your bow season start?
« on: July 30, 2009, 06:25:34 AM »
The count down should be on for some folks.  Let's hear it - when does your bow season start and how close are you to being ready?   ???
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: When does your bow season start?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:02:27 AM »
Ours comes in Oct. 1st.  The "other" bows can be used starting Sept. 1st.  :roll:  >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline olsplittoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 10:34:05 AM »
Sept 7th :twisted: O0 O0 O0 O0
PSE-passthru shot evertime

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 10:59:02 AM »
I'm almost ready.  Gotta get another couple packages of broadheads (freaking things are $30+/3 pack) and my custom strings.  The guy has shipped the strings, but he said it takes 2-3 weeks for stuff to get down here from Canada. >:(

Other than that, I'm pretty much done. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 12:52:18 AM »
Sept. 15th here GP.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline BUDFIELDS

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:45:12 AM »
The early archery season here in Indiana starts October 1 but actually, my archery season starts WELL BEFORE THAT!! Pre-season scouting NEVER ends for me and I ALWAYS have my treestands positioned AT LEAST one month prior to opening day not to mention the PRACTICE sessions that continue every evening for at least 2 hours.

Due to some physical injuries and corrective surgeries, I had to start hunting with a crossbow last season and that has made for some interesting practice sessions and I have certainly gained a completely different opinion about crossbow hunting... It is STILL challenging and NOT as simple as I thought it would be...

GOOD SHOOTING..
                                                            Bud Fields

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »
Due to some physical injuries and corrective surgeries, I had to start hunting with a crossbow last season and that has made for some interesting practice sessions and I have certainly gained a completely different opinion about crossbow hunting... It is STILL challenging and NOT as simple as I thought it would be...

GOOD SHOOTING..
                                                            Bud Fields

The vast majority of people that are against crossbows have never SHOT a crossbow.  If they would, such as yourself, they would gain a whole new appreciation for the weapon. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »
September 12 is the start here in Georgia. Bows and crossbows are legal. 12 deer limit, 10 must be antlerless.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Nuss

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 11:13:35 PM »
In Illinois our Archery Deer season starts October 1st.
Our squirrel season starts August 1st and I squirrel hunt with my bow. So 4 days into it and I have only had 2 shots. And yes I am 0 for 2.

Tim
May your campfires burn bright and all of your arrows fly true.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 01:02:18 PM »
In Illinois our Archery Deer season starts October 1st.
Our squirrel season starts August 1st and I squirrel hunt with my bow. So 4 days into it and I have only had 2 shots. And yes I am 0 for 2.

Tim

Where you been hidin' Tim? ???  Haven't seen you around in a while.  Don't be such a stranger. O0

I tried squirrel hunting with a bow once....... :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments