November 18, 2017, 09:49:16 PM

Author Topic: When does your bow season start?  (Read 2681 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: When does your bow season start?
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 11:25:35 AM »
September 12 is the start here in Georgia. Bows and crossbows are legal. 12 deer limit, 10 must be antlerless.
Beat me to it Bohica!  ;D Don't know if I will even get to bow hunt this year. My son and bow hunter will be back in Alabama in college when the season opens here. If he gets home for a weekend before Rifle season opens then we will head out and try to get him on one.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 04:25:25 PM »
Ours usually opens around Oct. 1.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »
I'm almost ready.  Gotta get another couple packages of broadheads (freaking things are $30+/3 pack) a

shooting magnus stingers(what else costs that much??)? Its well worth it. They fly great and are indestructible. Only heads I've ever bought that were truly razor-sharp straight out of the package. They sharpen easily too. The two blades don't leave much blood trail, but they penetrate! Blew through a 100# sows shield with one this summer. Amazing penetration. The kind I need shooting my crippled 60# at 56#. I need a nice new 70# Elite XLR. Maybe when I win the lotto. ;D

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »
Sept. 7th in western NC and the 12th for the central and eastern zones. I will be up a tree opening day with a bow in my hand for the first time in three years. it took me about a week to get back in shooting form but the old Parker SuperMag 35 is tuned and ready and the Muzzy's are dead on. Just need one to show up and stick its head in the corn pile!!! ;D O0 :knuppel2

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »
I will be up a tree opening day with a bow in my hand for the first time in three years.

Ned

Where'd you find a tree stand strong enough?  ???  :shock: :shock:

Sorry, couldn't resist............
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »
API Grand Stand lock on style smart a$$!!! :knuppel2 ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline dougdad

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »
Up in this neck o the woods it open OCT. 1st.  And I am ready, the old Bear is dead on and I got a good spot all picked out and the climber is in place allready.  Just gotta go out and adjust a couple of limbs and put up the trusty safety harness that has saved my old arse one time already  :knuppel2
Bullets, Bumpers or Broadheads, Whatever works!!
USAF RETIRED,  Marion MI.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 05:24:51 AM »
Our bow season opens Oct. 17.......and I'm with Tenderfoot on the Magnus Stingers...those 2 blades went through a coyote skull for me, and always fly true
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline cabinkeeper101st

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 07:06:30 PM »
Here in Pennsylvania,October 3rd is our early season opener.
WE have had antler regs here now for several yrs
3 points to one side(which I approve of)BUT with that came a 2 week doe season.From 3 days(excluding Sundays)which runs with buck season :tickedoff
If that weren't enough :uglystupid2Now u can use a cross bow in archery and rifle seasons :'(
Come to PA ''IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN''
THE P.G.C(pa game comm) :tickedoff :uglystupid2 :idiot2 Wants to wipe out the deer to grow their trees and clear cut the whole state.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Facebook Comments