November 18, 2017, 01:07:00 AM

Author Topic: Big Weekend.....  (Read 1423 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Big Weekend.....
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »
OK, Gotta' go check two more dove fields on Saturday, then gotta' go check my treestands that I haven't hunted since 2006. Assuming they'll need to be refurbished, count on a trip to hardware store.

I haven't bowhunted since October of 2006.

THEN, I have got to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!! :tickedoff :tickedoff

I'm not kidding about how bad I shot the other day. If I qualified that bad with my service weapon, they'd never let me out of the office into the street again!

Some feel that way now, but it's not because of my shooting skills. Some people here think I have an attitude problem.

Which is bullsh**

I have an attitude but it's NO PROBLEM! :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Big Weekend.....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:58:01 PM »
Good hunting Bo. I going to assume being you said the stands might need some refurbishing and talked like they are still there, that you got some homebuilt wooden stands. Man be real careful of them things. Alot can happen in 3 yrs. All the talking heads curse them things. And to some degree rightfully so. wood rots, nails/screws rust and loosen. I've used them and will likely use them again, but with alot of care and inspection.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 10:20:08 PM »
Man, you're going to have to have us all come down for a dove cookin' to help you eat all them things up. :twisted: O0

Like Mosparky said, be careful of them old wooden stands. :shock:  They're an accident waiting to happen sometimes.  Besides, aren't you getting a little old to be climbing up into the trees?  Sit on the ground and fling arrows at them. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »
Yea, it looks like we've got the dove field picked out. We've got to get the money to the owner by this Saturday. Because of the economy we've actually gotten a pretty good deal, but three of our regulars are hurting and won't be able to come up with the funds so I guess we'll cough up a little extra, so we can have them and their families come out and enjoy it. Dove shoots are more of a social thing down here and it wouldn't be the same without our regular crew.

As far as my treestand assesment went, the wooden ones are actually used for gun hunting. I hadn't been out there since I came back from Afghanistan, and was happy to see they're OK. I didn't build them, becasuse I can't build squat. A friend actually did most of the work I supplied the lumber for his and my stands and I'll probably put some plywood down on one of them just to increase the strength of the platform.

I actually have portable 15' and 20' ladder stands and a portable climber that I plan on using for bow season. I'm going back out this weekend to scout the place out and see where I might put them. Some of the timber on this property was cut in 2007 and the new growth might offer some places to put my ladder stands.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:26:15 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:42:43 PM »
Good luck. O0  Our squirrel season opens this weekend so that's when I start my scouting. ;D  Gotta pick out some places where I can put up a blind to hide the hyperactive boy when the deer season rolls around. :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

BBF

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »
Re hiding place for the offspring, may I suggest a potatoe sack. :D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 12:44:56 PM »
Re hiding place for the offspring, may I suggest a potatoe sack. :D

Still doesn't cover his head..... or mouth..... :roll: :roll:  ;D ;D

I've been watching pop-up blinds on Ebay. O0  At least with one of them, they are bigger than the boy, so at least they'll cover his movements.  Now for his mouth............  Wait a second, I think I've got some camo duct tape at home. O0 ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »
Still doesn't cover his head..... or mouth..... :roll: :roll:  ;D ;D

I've been watching pop-up blinds on Ebay. O0  At least with one of them, they are bigger than the boy, so at least they'll cover his movements.  Now for his mouth............  Wait a second, I think I've got some camo duct tape at home. O0 ;D ;D
Tape works good, but be sure to use the 100 MPH stuff.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments