November 18, 2017, 05:08:41 AM

Author Topic: Cow Elk Tag  (Read 5584 times)

Offline DarkAngel

• Applied for my club membership...
  • It's can't get much better then this!
Cow Elk Tag
« on: August 07, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
Here I sit all broken heart-ed, got my cow tag but can't get started,
 :tickedoff the god's of thunder, rain and lighting :twisted:keep me indoors it's really frighting,  :shock:

Duh...........guess that's the best I can do while waiting for the weather to change.
it snowed in the high mountains last night good golly :'(

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Cow Elk Tag
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 10:14:25 PM »
Ah, it just makes it that much sweeter when you DO get to go out. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:57:10 AM »
It will be here before you know it. And gone just as fast too. :sad:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »
That's really sad about the dang weather, DA!  :'(
You be out there when the weather switches and an elk will be headed towards your freezer!  O0  :twisted: :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 10:59:49 AM »
It appears we might be done with summer here as well. July had to be one of the wettest in a long time. We had a number of  high 80's in July. Now with a day or two exception we are back to the mid 70's. Last night we got drenched.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 09:06:44 AM »
It's back to very hot and damp here.  :sad:
So, has the weather improved for you, DA?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 07:42:50 PM »
Here I sit broken hearted????

That sounds like a little dirty ditty I used to write on bathroom walls. :wink: :idiot2

You didn't hang around South Florida back in the late 80's did you? :wink: :roll:

Hang in there. It'll clear up and you'll get your elk!! O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline DarkAngel

• Applied for my club membership...
  • It's can't get much better then this!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »
Weathers better but now the place is over loaded with other hunters.  Some I dare say are not being very nice.  Woke up the other morning to sounds of shooting, kind of like fireworks going off.  Found out later that some out of goofs who gather at the neighbor's ranch saw elk way up on the side of a hill and just started blasting away like they where shooting ducks in a pond.  No real aiming just shoot and hope one connects.  Peoples like that are what give hunters a bad name.

All in all the heard is pretty much spooked right now.  I will wait................... :-\

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »
wish you luck on a cow I wish I lived somewhere with elk but I don't :'( because I had this elk and venison stew one time and I love me some elk.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 04:54:25 AM »
I'm still hoping for you to connect with an elk, D45!

One of my sons lives in Phoenix, AZ. He drew a cow elk tag this year but probably won't be able to hunt because he totaled his new Tundra and got busted up, somewhat.  :'(
Some dimwit pulled out in front of him on a highway.  :tickedoff

Facebook Comments