November 25, 2017, 04:13:33 AM

Author Topic: pheasants: i need help!!!  (Read 757 times)

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
pheasants: i need help!!!
« on: August 08, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
hey does anybody know how to hunt phesants without a dog?
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: pheasants: i need help!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:59:57 PM »
Maybe one of the guys in the midwest or up north will know.  We don't have them in KY.  I'm guessing that it would be like rabbit hunting by yourself.  Just walk through stuff and try to jump them up. ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 12:58:51 PM »
Maybe one of the guys in the midwest or up north will know. 
WE KNOW IT ALL !!!!! :knuppel2

Yup. Do you white tail hunt ?? I always say there very much alike. Find some heavy cover like a wind row of trees or brush, or a ditch thats grown over or even a big patch of cat tails. If you have some other people make a drive and post some one at the end, make sure you put people on the very out side edges too. If you all by your self you need to have a natural block, like the end of what your hunting a road some thing to stop them from running out and fly. Then you have to zig zag back and forth ,go all the way to the edge of the cover a rooster will hide and let you pass then fly or run behind you. Don't underestimate him they can hid way better then you can see!! Drive the entire strip your working walk out in to the open at the end you will be amassed how tight they hold. Walk slow and stop a lot ,they get nerves and think they have been spotted when you stop. I whistle like I have a dog and it seems to work too. DON'T give up walk it ALL THE WAY!! Good luck, we hunt them all the time with no dog.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »
naw. whitetails are hard to hunt and dress. and in ohio. you can take only two cocks.
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Facebook Comments