October 17, 2017, 10:52:55 AM

Author Topic: NEW GUY  (Read 1118 times)

Offline tboxfish

NEW GUY
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:26:52 PM »
Hi Folks,
New member here.
I'm from East Texas & will hunt or fish at the drop of a hat ;D
Being an Insurance adjuster has let me hunt & fish in many various places.
I've been lucky enough to have fished on both the Altantic & Gulf side of Florida, caught alot of bass out of Okachobee, caught steelhead out of the rivers in western Oregon, smallies from Erie, harvested a heavy 9pt in Iron County, MI., Mulie from Meeker, CO. & hunted & fished all over the great state of Texas. I'm currently in Joplin, MO working a wind/hail storm. I started a project approx a year ago that I hope will allow me to stay at home more in the future.
Looking forward to making some new friends here & sharing some stories & photos :wink:
"Attitudes are contagious - Is your's worth catching?"

Todd Box
www.texasdeercams.com
"Your closer to the Outdoors than you think"

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: NEW GUY
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:49:13 PM »
Welcome to the pile. Sounds like you'll fit right in. Man, sounds like your in a position to meet lots of folks. No offence, but I really hope we never have to meet professionally.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline olsplittoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 11:26:05 PM »
Welcome to the pile tbox. Enjoyed the chat over at the Nation. Good luck in the new position. Great site here, lots of know how mungst these boy's and girls.
PSE-passthru shot evertime

Offline DarkAngel

• Applied for my club membership...
  • It's can't get much better then this!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »
Welcome to the pile of guts ;D 

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:22:22 AM »
Tbox, welcome to the gang! I'm glad there is another Texan here to put these rascals on the right track!  :roll: ;D
Find a comfortable stump around the fire here and have a big helping of our (my) famous Camp Stew. It will stick to your ribs and you will be back for seconds.

We enjoy sharp stick pokes so you better whittle some sharp sticks for self defense when this bunch of rascals gets wound up and start poking.  :wink: ;D Feel welcome to take pokes of your own when the chance arises.  :wink: :twisted: ;D

Hey, are you a rabid squirrel hunter like some of us here?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline tboxfish

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
 :wink:Love ta hunt them tree rats, can't get the misses to cook im, so I don't go too often. Got some buddies that go & I'll go with them & let them have im.

Todd Box
www.texasdeercams.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »
Glad to have you around tboxfish. O0  Like others have said, pull up a stump and set a spell.  Whatever you do though, don't eat any of John's camp stew........... :buck2 

Food poisoning is mild compared to the effects of that stuff! :shock:

We're a pretty easy going bunch on here.  It's like a big hunting camp, but without all of the noxious fumes and noises. :wink:  Those you have to provide for yourself.

Jump in on some of the stuff that's going on, or start some new topics of your own. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 10:41:50 AM »
Ignore BC's remark about my delicious camp stew. It's also good for your bowel. Anything that cleans out a fella's lower intestine like it did for BC is good for you.  :roll: ;D BC says it made him 20 pounds lighter after the ordeal but I suspect it was actually caused by BC snitching that funny looking tidbit off one of the camp visiting sasquatche's plate while the sasquatch was distracted while listening to bohica's account of Angelina's wild bedroom antics.

It's great fun sitting around the GPS campfire listening to bo's escapades and BC's squirrel hunting accounts and his remittent remarks of his numerous repeat ER visits because of claimed chronic severe food poisoning from camp fare. The unattatched foxy blond ER nurse and all the doctors know BC on a first name basis, he claims.  :roll: When Bo heared about the blond, he volunteered to haul BC to the ER for his next visit.  :roll:

Tbox, you been shooting any squirrels this year?

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 10:45:55 AM »
YOooOO00o!!!!1!!

Okeechobee, eh?
That always reminds me of...

Sweetest jam ever? O0 O0

Offline tboxfish

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »
YOooOO00o!!!!1!!

Okeechobee, eh?
That always reminds me of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGoBQIhyFFM

Sweetest jam ever? O0 O0

nOnAmE - the video brought back memories 8)
John A - I make a dish everyone calls Todd's Cajun Surprise - Now it hasn't sent anyone to the ER - but it'll sure make you hope for a splash back to put out the FIRE  :wink:

Todd Box
www.texasdeercams.com

Facebook Comments