November 18, 2017, 08:23:10 PM

Author Topic: Newcomer to Hog Dogin  (Read 2108 times)

Offline tboxfish

Newcomer to Hog Dogin
« on: August 10, 2009, 06:26:36 PM »
I just got introduced to hog hunting with dogs last winter. My eldest's daughters boyfriend, Justin has a pack of dogs & invited me to tag along. I thoroughly enjoy watching dogs that know what they are doing work. His find dog, Hank, will start circling working wider & wider until he's gone. If he comes back & sits down, you might as well load up & go elsewhere. When he catches a scent trail he starts bounding in the direction of the scent, when he locks on he is gone.
The 1st time they bayed up, we were about 3/4's of a mile away & off we went running thru the bottom down a narrow trail. Justin in the lead, his brother, Brandon next & I was following him
All of a sudden Justin yells "LOOK OUT", then Bradon sidesteps.
I look up to see that I'm in a deadrun at a #150 Boar thats running straight at me :'(. There was a deadfall next to the trail & I shimmed up it like a cat squirrel - not an easy feat for a 47yr old fat boy. I could hear the hog grunting & rustling right behind me.
Once I heard it run off, I turned to see Brandon laughing his A$# off. He said that was the closest he had ever seen someone come to getting trampled & not end up cut
:knuppel2 I wasn't to very admused at the time :knuppel2

Justin & the Wrecking Crew

Justin & Hank on the right / Brandon & Whitey on the left

Cozmo on the left / Myself on the right
WHAT A RUSH - I've been several times since that trip & can't wait to go again O0 O0

"Attitudes are contagious - Is your's worth catching?"

Todd Box
www.texasdeercams.com
"Your closer to the Outdoors than you think"

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Newcomer to Hog Dogin
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
Way to go!! O0 O0 O0

Hog hunting with dogs is a major hoot. Do it once, and chances are you're hooked! :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:44:19 PM »
That's awesome, tbox!  :shock: O0 You won't forget that hunt!
We have some other serious hog dog folks here that haven't seen your thread yet.
That would really be a hoot, hunting hogs with dogs. We pretty much just chase wild hogs in circles here in SE Iowa without dogs.  :sad:  :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:17:22 PM »
Man I havn't been...though I had a few pitbulls I was going to get started catching. I know I would end up smiling just as big as you did  ;D ;D ;D

John my new GF wants to go hog doggin so we might just end up your way with Plott next year  O0

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »
my new GF...
Pics or it didn't happen. :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:31:26 AM »
Man I havn't been...though I had a few pitbulls I was going to get started catching. I know I would end up smiling just as big as you did  ;D ;D ;D

John my new GF wants to go hog doggin so we might just end up your way with Plott next year  O0
OUTSTANDING!   O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 The way power piston plott goes after them, We probably won't need dogs.  :twisted: Better wear your best hunting boots. Rascal plott is something else to keep up with!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen. :twisted:

You jealous pig  ;D

I will post pics Sun night...then you can be visually jealous...then when I tell you how much land her dad owns and farms...and lets me hunt on you will want to be me  ;D ;D ;D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
You jealous pig  ;D

I will post pics Sun night...then you can be visually jealous...then when I tell you how much land her dad owns and farms...and lets me hunt on you will want to be me  ;D ;D ;D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ya better hang on to that gal, Tech!  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
It wouldn't take much more to make a farmer out of ya, Tech!  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »
Ya better hang on to that gal, Tech!  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
It wouldn't take much more to make a farmer out of ya, Tech!  O0

Regardless of who her dad is I am doing everything I can to make her happy. No matter what it is that girl had me from go!

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 07:56:34 AM »
Techno ya liar only reason yer with that girl is ya havent mastered the cut and run so ya need all that land
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments