November 25, 2017, 06:28:38 AM

Author Topic: Police Slam Old Lady  (Read 2016 times)

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Police Slam Old Lady
« on: August 11, 2009, 06:38:13 PM »
Possibly *NSFW* for language

Cops take down elderly woman

What do you think about it?

The old ladydid have a knife but I don't know...it's a tough call.
I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation if I were the police.

What would you do, Bo?

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Police Slam Old Lady
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:33:40 PM »
Like you said, tough call. The camera can lie, and often does. By that I mean you see things but not neccesarily the right things.

I learned long ago not to second guess an officer. If you're not there it's not fair to make a comparison based on either witness testimony (they have been known to lie) or video.

That being said and all other aspects considered, when dealing with women in general and elderly women in specific, physical force if applied must be done so in a very strict and limited way.

One of the biggest misconceptions folks have about police is that all police follow the same rules, and nothing could be farther from the truth. Each agency has it's deadly and less than lethal force policies they have to follow. One agency can say one thing and the next town over might have an entirely different policy.

What this officer did might be totally acceptable in his jurisdiction, I don't know.

I've learned over the years to NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY. Some officers do and they in the end do something stupid and someone is there with their video camera, and ala Rodney King we have serious heartburn for a while.

Just an aside, about Rodney King. He spent all his money from the lawsuit, has been back in jail at least 5 times I'm aware of and he's still a crackhead.

Like I said, the camera doesn't always capture the facts.

You're supposed to be able to check your emotions at the door, that's easier said than done in the real world. Maybe this guy went too far, but then again he may have done the exact proper thing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:41:35 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 09:37:29 AM »
I think that cop was a chick. ???

BBF

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »
Old black woman and two white cops. Al, Sharpton and the Rev. Jesse  are on the way. !!Maybe even BHO has some words of wisdom to throw in there. :roll:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:40:06 AM »
Yeah, the cop that took her down was a woman.  Probably a good thing too. :wink:

The thing about the video is that it doesn't show what all happened leading up to it, and at the point where the cop laid hands on her, the camera was moving so you can't see what all happened.

I'll go with the cop on this one. O0  The way I look at it, if a cop asks/tells you to do something and you don't do it, you get everything that's coming to you. :knuppel2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 10:58:08 AM »
To bad is wasn't a black dyke cop that took her down you wouldn't have heard all the talk from the bystanders.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 12:17:43 PM »
I think the cop acted without undue force. It was the only way of taking the perp down without being cut. 
Sure, the old gal was up in her years, but the knife doesn't care.

If the old gal was tazered, it could have been worse. Pepper spray maybe would have worked but I think I would have to have been in the cop's shoes to call it different.

The low brow moron with the camera was trying to incite trouble and I think, planning on making money with the recording.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 05:34:29 PM »
I don't know why I said it was a guy?? :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2

I guess my head was WAY UP in my duffle bag!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 08:27:42 PM »
There have been folks shot for wielding a knife and coming at an officer like that. I will have to "guess" that a much younger suspect would have been tased or shot. That officer choosing to go hands on probably did that women a favor.

The "spectators" were being what they were, trying to entice the male officer into a fight. He handled it perfectly.  But to be honest, our agency would have given the "get back" order probably 2 or 3 times before people would have started to get hooked up for disorderly conduct. Here in NC R.O.D would apply, Resist, Obstruct, or Delay. I think obstruct and delay fit that situation.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 09:26:53 AM »
The cop would have been better off using an easy and effective  judo arm/shoulder lock, but we have to make snap decisions when dangerous events happen.
It was clear that the old lady was confused and dangerous to herself and everyone around her. What did transpire was better than her or someone else being seriously injured with the knife.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments