December 15, 2017, 10:47:41 AM

Author Topic: Enough to make the skillet stink  (Read 1470 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Enough to make the skillet stink
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 12:27:26 PM »
Yes, light misty mornings and foggy mornings are the best of best to be out sniping tree rats.  :twisted: I had one of those mornings a few years ago and was back home with my limit of 6 by 10AM. I bet I saw a couple of dozen squirrels in the time I was in the woods. As I carried my limit to the truck, many squirrels temped me to let them have a .17HMR VMax bullet through their noggins.

What's funny, I had a pal that was supposed to hunt with me that day but he wimped out.  :roll: :idiot2 So, when I got to town, I went to his place and called him outside to view my easily gained limit of squirrels. He's still kicking himself for not going that morning. :tickedoff ;D

I usually have to hunt pretty hard and long in the same timber to even see a limit of squirrels during regular weather. I think I barged in on a squirrel convention that misty morning.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments