November 18, 2017, 09:55:08 PM

Author Topic: Getting A Little Better  (Read 1425 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Getting A Little Better
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »
Spent most of the weekend with my Black Widow on the 3-D range and might finally be making some progress.

Looks like I can get them all in the lungs from 40 yards and up in my treestand. The muscles took a while to wake up and I had to remember about hold over. But hopefully by opening day it'll be like old hat.

Drove out to the club Saturday morning and saw three cross the road as I pulled into the property. They were all does as near as I could tell. But it was cool just being out and seeing deer again.

I can feel it. Can't you?! O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Getting A Little Better
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:35:45 AM »
Yep, it's getting close. O0  The "other" bows come in season Sept. 5th here in KY, but I can't use my crossbow until Oct. 1st.  >:(  Guess I'll just have to keep terrorizing the squirrels until then. O0 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »
Yep, it's getting close. O0  The "other" bows come in season Sept. 5th here in KY, but I can't use my crossbow until Oct. 1st.  >:(  Guess I'll just have to keep terrorizing the squirrels until then. O0 ;D

Have you seen that 10 Point crossbow in the Redhead catalog that costs $1,999.99? For that kind of money that thing better shoot, dress, butcher and mount your deer! :wink: :wink: :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »
Have you seen that 10 Point crossbow in the Redhead catalog that costs $1,999.99? For that kind of money that thing better shoot, dress, butcher and mount your deer! :wink: :wink: :wink: O0

Yeah, I read a review on that thing the other night.  I honestly can't see paying that much money for a crossbow.  The Excalibur Equinox I've got, with the Lite Stuff accessory package, retails for $1,000.  I didn't pay near that for it, but still, that's a bunch of money. :shock:  You could get 2 of the fully tricked out Equinox's for what you would pay for that one 10 Point.  That's ridiculous!!! :idiot2  Yeah, the 10 Point is a little faster and not as narrow as the Equinox, but the way I look at it, all that increase in speed is going to do is bury the arrow in the ground a little deeper on the other side of the deer. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline dougdad

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 12:11:17 AM »
Not mention they make more noise.  Thats why I still use the old Bear whitetail II.  It still does the job just fine and it is nice and quiet. Not to mention my crusty old bones have a hard time with these radical cam bows that have such hard walls when drawn.
Bullets, Bumpers or Broadheads, Whatever works!!
USAF RETIRED,  Marion MI.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 11:07:17 PM »
Not mention they make more noise.  Thats why I still use the old Bear whitetail II.  It still does the job just fine and it is nice and quiet. Not to mention my crusty old bones have a hard time with these radical cam bows that have such hard walls when drawn.

Tell me about it.  I blew my shoulder out from shooting too many high poundage bows when I was younger. :idiot2  Finally got my shoulder fixed a couple of years ago, but it's still not 100%.  I haven't been able to bowhunt in probably more than 10 years.  Finally said the heck with it and broke down and got a crossbow. O0  I've just got the rope cocker for it, so it takes some arm and back power to get the thing cocked, but it doesn't mess with my shoulder. O0  The thing that sucks is that because of my back I can only shoot the thing about 10-12 times before I have to quit. :'(

Hey Bo, you still shooting that stick getting ready?  I got a feeling the deer are probably going to laugh at you this year. ;D ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline dougdad

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:29:51 PM »
I know how you feel 58, I damaged my right shoulder 35yr's ago in a motorbike wreck, I started shooting bows regularly 30yr's ago. When I started I could do only 50 lbs. and now I can do 60 lb's and that is it. That is not much of a gain in 30 yr's !. And I shoot fairly regularly.  On a good day I can shoot maybe 20 arrows and I am done, then the next day I am sore, If I do that every day the soreness goes away but I cannot seem to gain any strength as far as the pull goes. So I just deal with it figuring I am lucky to be able to do what I can.   O0
Bullets, Bumpers or Broadheads, Whatever works!!
USAF RETIRED,  Marion MI.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 08:25:13 AM »
You guys are getting old.  :roll: Yes, it's a bummer when you realize you can't do some of the things you used to enjoy doing not that long ago.  :'(
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »
 Tell me about things I can't do anymore :'( :'(

Facebook Comments