October 19, 2017, 07:36:16 PM

Author Topic: You Picked Out What You'll Be Shooting Opening day?  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: You Picked Out What You'll Be Shooting Opening day?
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 09:15:16 AM »
Yep.  When the boy hits something, I want it to go down, even if it's a marginal hit that he gets.  With me, my shot placement is likely to be more precise than his, so I can go with a little smaller caliber. O0

I was really impressed with the ballistic tip Hornady bullets when I shot them in the .444 Marlin.  With the way ammo has gone up, the probably isn't going to be that much of a difference between the regular .44 mag ammo and the Hornady stuff.  Besides, with a 'specialty' bullet like that, the availability may be a little better than the run-of-the-mill .44 mag ammo. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:05 AM »
I am ready for opening day. I have something bigger than all of ya! I have my Ford patrol vehicle and my issued sidearm.  :twisted: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »
I am ready for opening day. I have something bigger than all of ya! I have my Ford patrol vehicle and my issued sidearm.  :twisted: ;D

Is there ever any doubt.........................  :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »
OK! Let's See!?

BC has that carbine I've been looking for.....

He's going to have it in like new condition.....

Only 1,500 made.....

That was and is a NEAT little rifle.....

BC is in Kentucky......

Hmmmm???

I might be attending our next reunion at Fort Campbell after all.....

Of course I'll HAVE to stop by and see BC if I do....

Being a lawman, I'll HAVE to do the freindly thing and give his home a courtesy security check......

And of course......

Will have to pay particular attention to his gun room! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
Is there ever any doubt.........................  :roll:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D THE AWESOME T SHIRT ARRIVED WITH THE PICTURED LOGO, ETC, INTACT AND LOOKING GREAT! THANKS VERY MUCH, BC!  O0 ;D

This probably won't surprise you. Last night while on patrol, a stupid coyote popped out in front of me on a gravel road. He was DOA by the time I got the patrol truck stopped and turned around. Scratch one male coyote that won't be breeding again.  :twisted: :buck2

I must have stopped a dozen times for deer and turkeys.
Earlier in the evening, I spotted another coyote lying right on the edge of the gravel shoulder. About the time I got to it, the coyote managed to get up and move off the road.

The sorry looking skinny critter was sicker than a poisoned pup, was just able to wobble off a couple of yards and stand there looking at me. Since we don't have permission to shoot unless directed or emergency, I had to let the critter wobbble off into the weeds a couple of more yards farther and lie down to probably die right there.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »
OK! Let's See!?

BC has that carbine I've been looking for.....

He's going to have it in like new condition.....

Only 1,500 made.....

That was and is a NEAT little rifle.....

BC is in Kentucky......

Hmmmm???

I might be attending our next reunion at Fort Campbell after all.....

Of course I'll HAVE to stop by and see BC if I do....

Being a lawman, I'll HAVE to do the freindly thing and give his home a courtesy security check......

And of course......

Will have to pay particular attention to his gun room! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If you talk to me right, I might just let you fondle it a little. :wink:  The gun too.  ;D ;D ;D

Any time you want to drop by, I'm sure I could persuade 'the big ferrocious guard dog' to let you in the house in one piece. :wink: ;D  I'm sure I could come up with something to feed you (not John's Stew  :buck2 ), as well as something to drink. O0  As far as taking it home with you though.........  I doubt that's going to happen. :wink: ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »
If you talk to me right, I might just let you fondle it a little. :wink:  The gun too.  ;D ;D ;D

Any time you want to drop by, I'm sure I could persuade 'the big ferrocious guard dog' to let you in the house in one piece. :wink: ;D  I'm sure I could come up with something to feed you (not John's Stew  :buck2 ), as well as something to drink. O0  As far as taking it home with you though.........  I doubt that's going to happen. :wink: ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »
You need a crane to move that safe  ;D

Re ammo: I don't think we ever had the shortages up here as you had. I've got more then enough to last me to my last dying breath so I haven't checked.

I load for the 44 Rem and have enough brass and boolits for the cartridge alone.
We'll see, maybe I will be packing that carbine South with me this year depending on what I can line up for a hog hunt.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:23:45 AM by BBF »

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 10:46:49 AM »
Chuck Norris and Fort Knox call BC for security and containment advice.

Chuck calls bohica for advice about gals.

BC calls me but not for advice.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »
Chuck Norris and Fort Knox call BC for security and containment advice.

Chuck calls bohica for advice about gals.

BC calls me but not for advice.

Yeah, there's quite a few things I "call" you...... :roll: :roll:

;D O0

I think the dry weight on that safe is somewhere around 1,500 lbs or so. :shock:  The web site lists the weight at 1,286, but I've got the optional reinforced fire door and liner on it which is about a couple hundred pounds extra I think.  All I know is that it took 4 of us, everything we had to get it in the house.  Not gonna do that again!!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments