November 22, 2017, 11:43:31 AM

Author Topic: Grandsons 1st hunting trip  (Read 1134 times)

Offline tboxfish

Grandsons 1st hunting trip
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:27:31 AM »
I went to the ranch on the 20th & took my grandson, Gavin with me. 380 miles1 way is a long, long, long, lonnnng way to a 7 yr old. It was his 1st trip to the ranch & his 1st hunting outting. We had a blast. :)

We worked on camera systems the 1st night & did not get to hunt. The next morning a large boar came out to the feeder & was getting a little help from Rocky the Racoon. :knuppel2

I was letting Gavin watch him thru the binoculars & almost let the hog slip off. When I pulled the trigger on my Remington model 700 in .270 The hog let out a loud squeel. Gavin jumped up & hollered "Ya got him Pa-pa" & gave me a HIGH 5.
I haven't seen that much excitement in someone in a long time & I know I have started a new future Hunter. 8) ;D 8) 8)

That evening we watched 16 does & 2 small bucks. We went to the same stand the next morning, as I have been watching a large white boar frequent there, but he did not show up. Gavin was tired from all the activity. :roll:

Couple more years & Pa-pa will get Gavin a 20 guage & start him out on the doves :wink:
Remeber to take a youth hunting or fishing when you get the chance, you will help make a memory that will last a lifetime. CAN YOU REMEMBER YOUR 1ST HUNTING OR FISHING TRIP???? THOUGHT SO - I SURELY DO!!!!
"Attitudes are contagious - Is your's worth catching?"

Todd Box
www.texasdeercams.com
"Your closer to the Outdoors than you think"

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Grandsons 1st hunting trip
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »
Outstanding!! O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 08:11:15 AM »
Outstanding!! O0 O0 O0 O0
  O0 O0 O0 O0 Exactly what I am thinking!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 07:18:38 PM »
Thats great  O0 O0 You need to shoot AB a PM and get that boy sticking some pigs with dogs!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »
Ain't it great! ;D  They're gung-ho about hunting until they get still in the blind, and then it's lights out! ;D ;D ;D

Great pics! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »
Ain't it great! ;D  They're gung-ho about hunting until they get still in the blind, and then it's lights out! ;D ;D ;D

Great pics! O0
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Yep on that! Same in duck blinds, fellow hunters fall asleep and get pranked.  :twisted: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments