November 22, 2017, 04:18:38 AM

Author Topic: What Kind of Camo Do You Wear For Bow Season?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
What Kind of Camo Do You Wear For Bow Season?
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:14:29 PM »
Do you wear the same camo (IF! You wear camo) for both gun and bow season?

I wear the old Trebark pattern that's all gray, for bow season. I like the fact I hide in the shadows it causes more than the actual color it portrays.

Depending on the weather I wear different camo when gun season rolls around.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: What Kind of Camo Do You Wear For Bow Season?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »
I wear different patterns, but not necessarily dictated by what season it is.  Depends upon where I'm going to be hunting.  If I'm going to be up a tree, I'll wear something that's pretty light colored.  If I'm on the ground, I'll go with darker patterns because most of the time I'm against a tree base.

I really like the new Realtree Hardwoods HD. O0  That stuff blends in with just about anything.

With all of that being said though, I'd be willing to bet that there's been more critters killed with people wearing the old military woodland camo than anything.  It doesn't matter much what "pattern" the camo is.  It's how broken up it is and light vs. dark.

Supposedly, deer can't see the blaze orange and I would tend to believe that.  What they pick out though is the solid, unbroken pattern of the orange. :wink:  If you look through the woods, nothing is a solid pattern.  I've taken pictures in the woods and then turned them black/white and grayscale to see how well different patterns blend.  You can definitely tell a difference between lighter/darker patterns when they're put in contrasting surroundings. :shock:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline dougdad

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:00:23 AM »
Realtree if I am upa hardwood, LOL  but if I'm upa pine I go with the old military issue basic pattern.
Bullets, Bumpers or Broadheads, Whatever works!!
USAF RETIRED,  Marion MI.

Offline cabinkeeper101st

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
I use a military N.B.C(nuke,biological,chemical)suit.Bought for 30.00$ at Colemans army surplus(on line)brand new in sealed packages.they work much better than that crappy scent loc crap.Over that is treeline camo,and a good harness!
I've made my own ghille suits with dyed cloth and yarn,glued using faberic glue.
gotta keep busy in the off season!
Go to   COLEMANSARMYSURPLUS.COM or google them
GOOD HUNTING THIS AND EVERY YR.BE SAFE.
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS O0

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:27:26 PM »
AP all the way! O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »
I have the latest military issue digital camo clothes and also have Realtree Hardwood camo. I prefer the Realtree for squirrel hunting.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments