December 17, 2017, 06:49:28 AM

Author Topic: Rocky Boots  (Read 3041 times)

Offline tech1720

Rocky Boots
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »
I hunted with Rocky Boots for 15 years. The last pair I bought is JUNK! This pair was over $150. Leaks like an onion sack. 12 months old, no H20 proof warranty!
Made in China! But aint they all. Made in USA, wont hear that again!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: Rocky Boots
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 05:03:03 AM »
Well, thanks for the heads up.
I could never stand spending that much on boots though anyways.
I always buy the cheapest pair of crappy boots that I can find and then immediately regret it. :-\

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »
That's a shame, that company going to crap.  :tickedoff
I have one really confortable pair of black combat type duty boots made by WORX. Uncle Sam gives us a shoe allowance every year, so the boots are free.  :) I don't know if they build hunting boots. If so, I would for sure buy a pair.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:40:44 PM »
It seems most boot makers have gone down the toilet over the past few years.

One of the few exceptions I know of is Danner. They ain't cheap but they are beyond great.

I wore them in the Sandbox and I wear them at work too. The support they give is off the chain.

Cheaper but also very good boots are made by Converse and 5.11 Tactical. I get mine here in town but www.sportsmansguide.com and www.rangerjoes.com and www.brigadequartermasters.com also sell them.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 12:07:33 AM »
Rocky used to make some good boots, but like others have said, they've gone to crap recently.  Too bad.....

My brother has a pair of Irish Setter boots that he wears hunting.  He loves the things.  They ain't cheap though! :shock:

I'm a cheap bastage though when it comes to boots. :wink:  The one's I wear working on the farm and squirrel hunting are a set of hikers made by Catepillar.  Nothing special, but they're tough and they've got good tread.

My hunting boots are a set of the Guide Gear 1000 gram rubber boots available from the Sportsmans Guide.  I think I paid $40 for them 4-5 years ago.  They've held up pretty well and keep my feet dry and warm.  In COLD weather, I've got a set of Sorrel pack boots that I wear. O0  My feet get cold easy, so these things are worth their weight in gold to me.  They're heavy and bulky, but well worth it if they let you stay on stand all day when it's cold. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 04:50:32 AM »
Where I hunt I usually walk through some kind of water, whether its frozen (ice or snow), a puddle, swamp or just heavy dew so I wear knee high rubbers by Lacrosse 1000 gram thinsulate, will never go back to leather, because up here in Northern NY we always have snow half way through our deer season and wet cold feet suck
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 10:10:01 AM »
Where I hunt I usually walk through some kind of water, whether its frozen (ice or snow), a puddle, swamp or just heavy dew so I wear knee high rubbers by Lacrosse 1000 gram thinsulate, will never go back to leather, because up here in Northern NY we always have snow half way through our deer season and wet cold feet suck
Sure does suck! When that happens, you are forced to head back to some place warm and dry.  :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments