December 14, 2017, 08:15:04 AM

Author Topic: any dove recipes out there  (Read 2675 times)

Offline kyhareraiser

any dove recipes out there
« on: September 05, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »
lookin' for a new way to try out on the doves i brought home . i usually wray in bacon with a slice of pepper and onion inside,grill till bacon is done and then it's all ready
WHEN THE HAMMER DROPS ....THE BULL s*it STOPS

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: any dove recipes out there
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:58:59 PM »
lookin' for a new way to try out on the doves i brought home . i usually wray in bacon with a slice of pepper and onion inside,grill till bacon is done and then it's all ready

That's usually the way that I fix them also.  Have you tried frying them?  Get some KY Colonel Seasoned Flour and roll them little buggers in that and then pop into the oil. O0  If you've got some bacon grease you can fry them in, even better!

I'll have to do some digging, but I'll find you some recipes shortly. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:52:41 AM »
Here's a site with a few recipes on there:
Cajun Cooking Recipes

And I would think that dove could be substituted in some crow recipes...I'm not really sure how big a crow breast is so you might have to do 2/1.
In which case, Big58Cal introduced us to the Crow Busters and they have some Recipes on their site, which I still plan on using someday for Crow. :twisted:

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:24:13 PM »
That reminds me nOn...

A friend took some a few years ago and soaked them in butter milk and then put them in a flour mix that had been salt and peppered, but he added another thing to the mix that gave it a Cajun type hot flavor. But I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Dropped them in a hot skillet with peanut oil and away we went.

He used the drippings from the pan as gravy on the rice and it was good OH YEA MAN!!

But, it helped to have your Tums and Rolaids nearby because you'd need them.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:49:11 PM »
 ;D Are you talking about crow or dove?
Either way, that sounds awesome.
Everyone shows such animosity towards eating crow and I really think it's unfounded.
I'm gonna get a few one of these days. O0

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »
 dove breasts
    Teriyaki sauce
    garlic, minced
    onions, minced
    red wine
    cannedned jalapeno slices
    bacon
Directions
Mix Teriyaki, garlic, onions and wine and marinate dove breasts overnight.
Next day, split breasts on both sides, and place jalapeno slices on each side of breast bone. Wrap with bacon, using toothpick to hold bacon in place. Charcoal over mesquite, breast up. Remove toothpick (Duh!), and eat with bacon still on.

Ingredients Convert Measures     Any number of doves
    Red wine
    (Cabernet Sauvignon is good)
    Lemon pepper spice
    Heavy-duty aluminum foil squares
Directions
Lay each dove on a square of foil. C. the foil slightly. Splash a little red wine on the bird, then season generously with lemon pepper. Wrap the bird tightly, being sure the foil is sealed around the edges.
The pkgs. are now laid on campfire coals or possibly an outdoor grill for roasting. Allow at least an hour, turning occasionally. Open one bird to see if it's tender. Give more time if needed.

tahts some recipes for ya! O0

go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:38:57 PM »
I've "eatten" crow before, but only when whatever team I was bragging on got stomped!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

In this instance I was talking about dove!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »
Still got till holloween to get a bunch. I have only had it fried but it was good. So easy to clean em too.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline backwoodsman68

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 10:01:12 AM »
Ive ate crow(the bird) several times. Older couple from where I grew up were Indian or whatever the politicaly correct way of putting it. They called themselves Indian, Cherokee. Granny put the dressed whole birds 3-5 in a crockpot and let them cook down all day then just made a simple stew. She also made pies out of them that looked similiar to pot pies 'cept they were 8" across. Any critters we bagged they relished, pigeon, turkeys etc The Illinois DNR put out a crow recipe cookbook about 15 years ago. We put one of granny's recipe's in it, the crow pot pie. Far as dove, wrapped in bacon and on the grill is our favorite and easiest but fried is good too. Sometimes we prefer a light breading sometimes we like a heavier dipped breading. Depends alot on how many we're feeding and how much food we have to prepare. We dont dove hunt as much as we used to. Access to private ground that has a good population of doves is non existent and the other choice is our crowded public ground where you have to wear shooting glasses for all the expended shot raining on you. If we want a few we usually just set up near gravel, water and some dead trees with 10-20 decoys and pass shoot them. We rarely kill into the double digits with this set up but its fun.
If your gonna do somethin you might as well do it right.

Facebook Comments