November 25, 2017, 02:36:57 AM

Author Topic: Goose hunt 9/5/2009  (Read 7264 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Goose hunt 9/5/2009
« on: September 05, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
We hit Fontana Lake today for the first early season goose hunt of the year. We did not see the number of birds we would have liked but it was still fun all the same. We ended up with three total, the only three we saw. Mitchell got his first ever and I went two for two. Yes BC, that is 2 shots 2 dead geese!!! :knuppel2 Hopefully we will run into more numbers down in eastern NC next weekend.
The days total:

Mitchell's first:

My two:

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Goose hunt 9/5/2009
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:48:43 PM »
Let's see............ Early goose seasons are usually for the non-migrant, resident geese, correct?  These are the same geese that get fed all spring and summer by all of the fishermen and little kids..... :roll:  And these would be the same ones that the golfers have to chase off of the greens........ :roll:  You say you got 2 with 2 shots? ???  Why that's outstanding Ned.... :roll: :roll: :roll:  Were you able to reuse the stale bread and crackers? ???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good job Ned! O0  You're the epitome of a good NC hunter. :wink: :roll: :roll:  Hope the shot didn't tear them up too much.  It may have been easier (and wasted less meat) if you had just taken a long stick and smacked them in the head or something...................... ;D

Just kidding man! O0  Good going on the geese!  Breast them out, slice into 1/2" thick pieces, roll in seasoned flour and fry. O0  It's so good it'll make your tongue slap your brains loose! :D  Put the legs and thighs in a crock pot with chicken broth and an onion until you can pull the meat off the bones.  While you're pulling the meat loose, boil up some egg noodles in another pan.  When the noodles get done, put them in the crock pot with the chicken broth (toss the onion) and then put the leg and thigh pieces in there with the noodles and stir. O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 04:55:03 AM »
re-use the stale bread and crackers....too funny
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »
Man, I wish they would give us an early season for the resident population. They are getting out of hand and need a bit of thinning. As is we don't get to shoot til late oct, I think.
 Son-in-law served up some kabobs from the grill at Boo's graduation party, that were excellent. Most of the folks, didn't know what they were eating, til it was too late. By then they were hooked and coming back for seconds. Almost tasted like beef.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »
They really want us to kill them in NC this year. Our limit went up to 15 per person and we are allowed to use unplugged shotguns too!!! O0

I will have to admit there was not much skill in shooting these 3 geese BC. They just stood on the bank until we got to about 20 yards. When they tried to fly away we busted them. At least I waited till they took flight instead of when they were just standing there looking at us like I could have. I am a little sporting, sometimes, maybe!! ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
lmao!  Well you're a better man than I am BS.  Every time I see those things, I want to punch them right in the face.  All that they do is walk around and crap all over the place! :tickedoff

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:52:36 PM »
lmao!  Well you're a better man than I am BS.  Every time I see those things, I want to punch them right in the face.  All that they do is walk around and crap all over the place! :tickedoff

No sh**!!!

I had two attack me once at a private pond I was fishing on. They'd honk, crap, attack, crap, honk, attack, crap, crap and crap!!

They remind me of that little twit we had in highschool that no matter how badly we treated him, he just came back for more. Maybe this was God's way of punishing me for messing with that kid :'( :sad: :shock:

I don't hunt waterfowl but I THINK our early season was this weekend in the Northern part of the state.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 09:11:34 PM »
They really want us to kill them in NC this year. Our limit went up to 15 per person and we are allowed to use unplugged shotguns too!!! O0

I will have to admit there was not much skill in shooting these 3 geese BC. They just stood on the bank until we got to about 20 yards. When they tried to fly away we busted them. At least I waited till they took flight instead of when they were just standing there looking at us like I could have. I am a little sporting, sometimes, maybe!! ;D

Ned

I knew you weren't telling us the whole story with the original post. :wink: ;D  But hey, you're eating goose breast and the rest of us aren't so that's all that matters. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 10:33:48 AM »
Our season starts Saturday. I can't make it out for a month from now but I hope to put the hurt on some of them too.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »
You done good, BigS!  O0
A was talking to a couple of my work pals last night. They had two honkers sitting no farther than 15 yards and only got one of them.  :shock: ;D ;D ;D Yes, I rubbed it in!  :twisted: ;D They were shooting 3 inch BB loads.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments