November 18, 2017, 01:25:49 AM

Author Topic: non-resident hog license  (Read 1115 times)

BBF

non-resident hog license
« on: September 07, 2009, 03:13:06 PM »
I know we got guys here from Georgia :)
I looked up the Hunting Regs for Georgia and can't find anything on hogs.
Is there a license required to hunt hogs in GA for non-resident aliens( I is one) :twisted: and what type, gimme a license type number if you can. :)

Trying to keep the ATF happy with the !@#$%!!  paperwork concerning for us peaceloving Canadians bringing a hunting firearm to the US.  They want a valid hunting license or a written invite to  a competition or gun show.!!

Those overworked guys require a 6 to 8 weeks time period to see if they will approve an application and I am running out of time.

So you Jawa guys please, I need to know!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: non-resident hog license
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 04:04:28 PM »
Well, I'm certainly not from teh GA but this was teh only thing I could find:
Hog Hunting.

Feral Hog Hunting

PRIVATE LANDS: No closed season; no limit. No hunting over bait, from a vehicle, or at night with a light over 6 volts except by special permit. A resident Hunting License is required to hunt feral hogs for all resident hunters 16 years old or older, except when hunting on land owned by them or their immediate family (blood or dependent relationship) residing in the same household. Non-residents must meet non-resident license requirements. Contact the Game Management office nearest you for more information.

GA Game Management Office (Scroll and contact the region within which you live)

Hope that helps. O0

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:01:10 PM »
OK, here we go. You're going to need a general hunting/fishing license for non-residents. You can get an annual one for $100.00 or a three day license for $20.00. You do not need a big game license, because hogs are not considered game in this state.

They are actually considered vermin on private land and belong to the landowner and can be hunted day or night. They are non-native species so they can be hunted year round too.

I assume you're going to hunt on private land and you can get your license on line and in fact that's what I'd recommend.

Try this www.georgiawildlife.com for more info.

I can't help you with what you need to come into the US with your 45/70 because that's federal law and I'm only a local guy. But, we don't have a problem from a local perspective with people bringing long guns in the state. Keep your hunting license nearby and show it if asked, and whether in Georgia or Florida you should be fine.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:07:28 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »
They are actually considered vermin on private land and belong to the landowner and can be hunted day or night. They are non-native species so they can be hunted year round too.
I thought this was only applicable for residents, from what I read.
Gah, well I'm sure you know more about it than I do.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »
I thought this was only applicable for residents, from what I read.
Gah, well I'm sure you know more about it than I do.

I know some states hose non-residents on some hunting, but as I said hogs are not considered "wild" animals per say. They are considered "feral", domestic animals gone wild and are not a natives animal and don't warrant the same treatment from the wildlife resources people, truth is the state would like to kill off all the wild hogs because of the damage they do to native plants and animals.

Hogs, armadillos and coyotes are not native and can be hunted anywhere and anytime on PRIVATE land. State owned or managed land has slightly different rules but most folks who use state land are after deer, turkey or bear 99% of the time so any hogs killed are usually by accident.

We've had a problem in the past few years with people turning hogs loose illegally and they've pretty much spread to all 159 counties in the state, so if you have a general license, have permission to be on the property and see a hog. You can blast it 'till your heart's content.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »
Well that sounds like a pretty sweet deal!
I'd be having pork for din-din every night if I lived there! O0
...assuming I could hit the darn things. :-\

Facebook Comments