November 18, 2017, 09:04:32 AM

Author Topic: Opening Day Dove.....  (Read 1268 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Opening Day Dove.....
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »
Well, the last time I went out in September with a gun in my hands, I had people shooting at me!

Nice not to have that experience this year! :roll: :wink:

We had a real good shoot. The limit this year was 15, in the past it was 12, but they shortened the season by a hair and increased the bag limit.

I'm sure some will bit** to have it go back to it's old ways, you can't please a lot of these nimrods no matter what. But, for us it was a great day, and everyone had fun which was the original plan to start with.

Everybody had a chance to kill a limit even if they didn't quite make it. I managed to knock down 13 and was pretty satisfied with myself.

I think I'll buy stock in Federal next year because I must be keeping their shareholders happy since I shoot and miss so often!!

The stock should go through the roof! :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Since legal shooting time doesn't start until noon, we had a pre-shoot bar-b-q and got reaquinted with friends I hadn't seen in a few years.

I was somewhat shocked when a friends wife came over and gave me a big hug and kiss and said "they" had told her I'd been killed in Afghanistan.

I still don't know who "they" are, but whoever "they" were I can say with a small degree of assurance, that I'm not dead, and how I know this is because I'm STILL PAYING TAXES!

After the shoot we cleaned our birds and soaked them in Italian dressing, wrapped them in BACON! BACON! BACON! and put them on the coals.

Had our corn on the cobb, white rice (in the South we ALWAYS use rice with our birds) fried green tomatoes, adult beverages, sweet tea and peach cobbler.

All in all a much better meal and much funner time than I had this same time in 2008!!! :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Opening Day Dove.....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:06:29 PM »
Congrats Bohica! O0  Man, someone is going to have to show you how to use a camera. :roll:  We need some pictures! :wink:

Glad you had a good time.  You were about due for some. :wink: 

Did you save any of those doves for the rest of us? :roll: ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:21:02 PM »
My home computer is on the fritz and I'm using the one here at work, we're NOT ALLOWED to post pictures or crap like that. I don't know how in any case. I still use those disposable 35mm cameras too. I don't have one of those high tech jobs everybody else has. He** I only have a cell phone because it's issued me and I have to carry the da** thing.

In my case it's probably a good thing since I'd almost surely mess it up and I don't think I can cover the expenses of buying a whole new system for our department.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:38 PM »
Nice going, Bo. Man, that feed sounds fit for a king. I can't beleive BC didn't bust you for the fried green maters. He must reseve that preticular abuse for me.
 Really glad you had a good time with good friends. you paid your dues, it's time you got some for yourself.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »
Sounds like ya'll had a great time, Bo! O0
How how many shells would you guess that you went through?

As far as your camera situation goes, you can keep using the disposable and just pay an extra 2 dollars, or so, and they will give ya the digital copies on a CD along with your prints.

Disposable's are probably not the most economical way to operate though.  After about 5 of them, you could have bought a cheap digi-cam and you can always have any photo printed off at any place that develops film, if that concerns you.

The whole digital thing is not too bad once you get the hang of it. O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:39:01 AM »
Sure glad ya had a great time and ain't dead!  :shock: O0

When I got back to town in '65 the rumor was I was dead.  :shock: ;D For a long time, I ran into people that thought so. I never was able to track down where the rumor started.  ???

Life would be boring without bohica!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 07:48:30 PM »
thats awesome! O0 funny i thought somebody was dead once. my mom told me that one of my dads neighbors died. a couple of weeks later he came by and i thought it was a ghost. :shock:
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »
It was suggested that my ex started the rumor of my premature demise. It would not be a surprise to find that true. But if she thinks she's in my will, she's in for one big shock.

In fact I have every intention of outliving her worthless a** and I have made a date and point to pi** on her grave when she does bite it.

I had a Minolta 35mm SLR back in the 80's that I allowed to get stolen when I was on vacaction. I will never again trust myself with any expensive piece of photographic equipment. I was no Leonard Lee Rue or Matti Clatt to start with.

(20 point bonus if you know who Matti Clatt is! :twisted:)

These new digital cameras are cool, but I'll stick to my point and shoot then throw away.

It was a real fun day though, with all the tension, drama and related horse sh** we have going on in our lives, it was nice to ESCAPE that and just be regular humans again.

I have to be honest though and tell you I thought about my friends still over there and those that never came back, and it was hard at times NOT to feel guilty about having fun and knowing of their suffering.

I'm not getting any younger, but I may have to consider going back one more time, since this pos we have in charge doesn't seem to be making things any better  over there and things might get worse, if Pakistan goes down the toilet.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Iran get tough in the next few months too.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »
Crazy Iran is going to go right to the wire and then probably back down.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments