October 21, 2017, 07:19:03 PM

Author Topic: 2009 - 2010 GPS Deer Contest!  (Read 17779 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
2009 - 2010 GPS Deer Contest!
« on: September 15, 2009, 02:01:23 PM »
OK folks, here is the “Official 2009 – 2010 Gut Pile Style Deer Contest”!! 

The current list of members that entered (voluntarily and otherwise  :roll: ) are as follows:

BigStrutter
MissStrutter
Big58cal
nOnAmE
Morax
D45/70
olsplittoe
The Petting Zoo Stalker
Bowhuntr115
Meat Hunter #737
Bohica
Jenny
Gutpiles
J-BUCKS
Tnutz

Breaking everyone down into teams, this is what I’ve come up with…..

Team 1
BigStrutter
MissStrutter

Team 2
Big58cal
nOnAmE

Team 3
Morax
Meat Hunter #737

Team 4
Bowhuntr115
J-BUCKS

Team 5
Bohica
olsplittoe

Team 6
D45/70
Tnutz

Team 7
The Petting Zoo Stalker….. a.k.a. John Andrews
The Non-hunting Animal Rights Activist….. a.k.a. Gutpiles
Jenny

I tried to be fair about splitting everyone up, and don’t think I gave any one team an advantage over anyone else.  Team 7 has 3 people, but I doubt it’s going to help any. :roll:  I think Jenny is going to have to carry the team by herself. ;D  If ya’ll don’t agree with the teams, then voice it now or forever hold your peace. O0  You can also rename your team if you want.  If you want to call it something other than “Team __”, then either post it here or send it to me in a PM and I’ll change it. O0

Now, on to the rules……….

Below are links for both typical and nontypical whitetail deer and mule deer sheets on the B&C web site that are totally automated.  All you have to do is put in your measurements and it will figure up the score.  There’s also a link to a printable PDF that you can use. :wink:

Typical Whitetail Deer
          PDF
     Non-Typical Whitetail Deer
          PDF
     Typical Mule Deer
          PDF
     Non-Typical Mule Deer
          PDF

Deer Scoring
Button buck up to 110 B&C gross -- 5 pts
111 B&C gross up to 145 B&C gross -- 6 pts
146 B&C gross up to 200 B&C gross -- 7 pts
Does -- 2 pts each

Photo Scoring Criteria
Each picture will get awarded 1 pt for each thing they do.
1 pt -- Picture of animal
1 pt -- Picture of you with the animal
1 pt -- Animal in natural setting (anything but hanging or in the back of a vehicle)
1 pt -- Minimal amount of blood on you and/or animal (no "blood bath")

Bonus Points
Coyotes = +1

Each team is allowed to enter 2 bucks and 4 does.  It doesn't matter if 1 person or both people on the team enter the deer, each team is allowed to enter a maximum of 2 bucks and 4 does.  If all 6 of those deer come from one person on the team then it's OK. O0  Or it could be any combination between the 2 people, but the overall total can't go over 2 bucks and 4 does for the contest.

This is all on the honor system.  Even though everyone knows that hunters/fishers NEVER stretch the truth any :roll:  please don't do it in the contest.  This is meant to be fun people. O0  If you got to cheat to win a deer contest.................

Now, for what you all have been waiting for…………….

PRIZES
We can do this one of 3 ways………… 1) Everyone can pitch in about $5 or so and I’ll go get the prizes; 2) We can not give away anything; or 3) Something I saw on another site was where each person that was in the contest donated something.  It doesn’t have to be much, can be something that you already have, something you’ve made, or something that you bought.

There’s your 3 choices.  It’s up to you all to figure out what you want to do.  Majority rules.

If you get something for your team, post it in this topic along with a picture if you have one.  I’ll keep a running tally of all of the teams scores.

One other thing, do you all want to give bonus points for the type of weapon used?  In John’s case, we’ll subtract points for tire tracks. ;D

If there’s something else you want in here, something you don’t like, whatever…… Let me know!!!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

Re: 2009 - 2010 GPS Deer Contest!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »
I like the donate each, its different. I would go with it, just let me know BC which way your going to swing. ??? :-X
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »
My daughter wants to be "Team Strutter" and as for the prizes: sending money would be easier for me, but if the majority wants to donate stuff I can find something. I will go with whatever the majority decides.

As for bonus points for certain weapons, lets just keep it simple. Noone should get an advantage just because they bowhunt or choose not to. Now the exception to this is if you kill your deer with a knife, sling shot, or even a spear!! ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »
Oh, one other thing BC, do you want us to post our pics on this thread or would it be easier to start a sticky JUST for the pics people are actually entering to be scored for the contest?

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »
Oh, one other thing BC, do you want us to post our pics on this thread or would it be easier to start a sticky JUST for the pics people are actually entering to be scored for the contest?

Ned

Just put them in here.  With this bunch, we'll be lucky to hit the 6 deer/team anyway. ;D  But if someone is going to go over the total, then just state up front whether they want it entered in the contest or not. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »
I think it would be cool if everyone sent five bucks (pun?) because I'm not really sure what I could donate...I don't have many cool things.  But then again, 75 dollars isn't very much when split between two people either.

Meh, like you said it's about having fun anyways...not the reward. O0

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »
Oh and I do believe an "LMAO" is in order for the Team 7 listing. ;D O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 10:05:31 PM »
Oh and I do believe an "LMAO" is in order for the Team 7 listing. ;D O0

That's just wrong man.......................... :roll: :roll:

NOT!!!  ;D ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 10:43:51 PM »
So what Im hearen is we no longer have a camp stew? ??? ??? Did ol John get fixed? ??? ??? Or did the jahovah witness's gets to him? ??? :knuppel2 :knuppel2 Im thinken we need to take up a collection of hunten magazines for him! O0 O0 We may be able to bring him back to the dark side yet! :roll: :twisted: ^-^
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »
$ 5 is cool for me. Just let me know where to send it.

Facebook Comments