November 21, 2017, 12:38:46 PM

Author Topic: First Blood!  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: First Blood!
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
And I managed to do the magic skinning trick on the second one I cleaned! O0 (I cut the tail off of the first one accidentally)

BTW, ain't it cool when it actually works?  O0 ;D  Slicker than snot, huh?  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 09:34:33 PM »
I've used a similar method when it come's to getting girl's nekkid faster! :roll: :twisted:

BTW....

Hang onto your AR and ANY large ammo capacity weapon you now own. The way thing's are, you might be losing that right with our new leadership.
 >:( >:( >:( >:(
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »
Mossberg 702 Plinkster - $109
Bushnell Trophy 4x12x40 AO - $69
Rings - $15
I went two stores today and one didn't have the rifle and the other store had it up for $150.  Actually it was an 802 Plinkster...I'm not really sure how much of a difference there is between them.  Stinking 10/22's were like $250! ???

I also couldn't find a 4-12x40 in anything.  I saw a few 3-9 scopes but all were close to $100.  I don't really know much about scopes.

I'm gonna hit another store tomorrow and see what they have.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 06:01:52 PM »
Good Job Non, you are now on the road to self suffiencey (sp) Congrats!  O0
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »
Dude, hit some pawn shops. O0  You should be able to find about anything you need.

If you find something in particular, drop me a note with what it is.  I've got an online Blue Book of Gun Values account and can look it up and tell you what it's worth. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 10:04:55 PM »
I went two stores today and one didn't have the rifle and the other store had it up for $150.  Actually it was an 802 Plinkster...I'm not really sure how much of a difference there is between them.  Stinking 10/22's were like $250! ???

I also couldn't find a 4-12x40 in anything.  I saw a few 3-9 scopes but all were close to $100.  I don't really know much about scopes.

I'm gonna hit another store tomorrow and see what they have.
By the sounds of non's post, it seems that he is hooked!!!! Cool
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 10:24:26 PM »
Now a 4x12 isn't a 100% necessity, it's just the AO scopes make it nice. A regular deer rifle scope is set to focus at 100yards from the factory which can make for a blurry picture when looking at a squack at 20 yards. Most can be adjusted to focus at shorter ranges if ya know how to do it. Any gunsmith can help ya get it adjusted down to 30-35 yards which seems perfect for squirrel hunting. As far as scope power, 3x9 is fine for a everyday toting .22, if it were one of the 17lazers, then I would say your not going to get full potential out of the scope. In all honesty, I've got 4x12x40 AOs on all the 22s in the house, but I leave them set on 7x and rarely ever change them. My ideal scope would be a Leupold FX3 6x42 AO, just don't have $400 to plop down on one at this time.

Hope this helps.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 08:23:58 AM »
Nick says it pretty good.  O0 A 3X-9X 40mm is about all a fella needs for a .22 because of the limited range of a .22.

I started out with a 3X-9X 40mm on my .17HMR and quickly discovered it was too low of power. I top my .17 with a 6X-24X 40mm and so do my hunting pals with their .17 HMR rifles.

For many years I have topped my .22 rifles with 3X-9X 40mm scopes.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »
I finally got some fox big ol squirrels today!  I said that I've never seen a red squirrel before and now that's all I've ever been seeing.  It's annoying because they are all so tiny.  I had a clean shot on 3 of them but decided not to take it.

But I ended up getting two fox and one gray with four shots total.  So things turned out well, I suppose.

I took a self portrait for the ladies: ^-^

I got a sweet white trash stache going...it's so ghey. ;D

And the real reason why I was wearing those gloves - gangrene: :roll: :crazy2 :uglystupid2 :roll:

So far, I think my count is 9 in 4 for trips for the season.  It seems like I don't see very many ever. :-\

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 07:26:02 AM »
Nice job Non. Your first season is way ahead of my first season. I spent my first season hunting some of the most over hunted ground around here. Half way thru my second season, my boss at the time took pity on me and gave me privilages to hunt his property. Then I actually started getting squirrels.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments