November 22, 2017, 11:44:58 AM

Author Topic: Cheerleader Gator Hunting in South Carolina ?  (Read 5202 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Cheerleader Gator Hunting in South Carolina ?
« on: September 16, 2009, 10:32:32 PM »
Who would have thought a cheerleader would have Gut Pile Style ?!   :twisted:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2009-09-15-cheerleader-gator_N.htm

WLTX-TV (Columbia, S.C.)
PELION, S.C. A local cheerleader spent part of her weekend on a boat hunting of all things, alligators and she came back with a big one.
Cammie Colin, 16, helped catch a gator that was 10 feet, 5 inches long and weighed 353 pounds.

The Pelion teen was on a boat with family and friends in a swampy area near the town of Santee and caught the reptile.

The group used a fishing pole to both lure the gator and drag him close to their boat.

"I was very shocked when it got to the boat that it was that size," Cammie said.

She then used a crossbow to shoot the gator. She and four others then taped the alligator's mouth shut and took it back to land.

The junior varsity cheerleader at White Knoll High School has been on deer hunts with her father, but this was her first time alligator hunting.

In South Carolina, 16-year-olds can register to hunt gators, and Cammie did that earlier this year.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline 2Nutz

Re: Cheerleader Gator Hunting in South Carolina ?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 12:21:02 AM »
Thats the way to raise em!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »
The chick in my story looks better.....  ^-^ :wink:

Mom Kills 11-Foot, 450-Pound Alligator

Captain Claims Animal Was 30 Years Old

POSTED: Monday, September 14, 2009
UPDATED: 10:54 am EDT September 14, 2009

SATELLITE BEACH, Fla. -- Not many people claim a notable alligator kill on their first hunting trip, but Arianne Prevost, of Satellite Beach, can.

Prevost, 23, guided by Capt. Peter Deeks, 23, of Merritt Island, and Prevost's boyfriend, Robert Rohmann, 23, of Indian Harbour Beach -- who comprise Native Sons Outfitters -- claimed the 11-foot gator at about 9 p.m. Tuesday in marshland between Lake Washington and Lake Winder.

Deeks said the gator wasn't weighed, but based on its girth, he estimated it between 400 and 450 pounds. He estimated its age at about 30 years old, he told Local 6 News partner Florida Today.

"It was a total archery kill," Deeks said, adding Prevost shot the gator several times with a crossbow and finished it with a broadhead. Prevost is having the meat harvested and the gator half-mounted.

After all, it was her first noteworthy kill of any kind.

"I'm originally from Mississippi, so I used to hunt (for deer) there with my dad," said Prevost, a mom to 10-month-old daughter, Baleigh, and an employee at Long Dogger's in Satellite Beach.

"When I moved down here, I wasn't into it as much because the deer are so small, but I've never been gator hunting at all. I've been duck hunting."

She began hunting with a bow about two years ago but missed last year's gator hunt because she was pregnant. But now she's got one gator tag remaining and plans on using it.

"I can't seem to kill a deer, but I can kill an 11-foot alligator," she said.

Courtesy of Click Orlando
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »
Is that Jen after the south beach diet? ??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Iknow Im going to pay for that one! But she needed poked! ;D ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 11:54:58 AM »
Is that Jen after the south beach diet? ??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Iknow Im going to pay for that one! But she needed poked! ;D ;D

Don't you think that's ZZ's job? :wink:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 02:32:16 PM »
Good point! O0 O0 :-X

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
But she needed poked! ;D ;D

I practically fell out of my chair reading that. Excellent choice of words there, TN. ;D ;D ;D :roll:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »
 :shock: O0 That's really something! That gator hunting has to be a riot!  O0

BC, you ought to be about due to go kill another one, right? 
The chick in my story looks better.....  ^-^ :wink:

Mom Kills 11-Foot, 450-Pound Alligator

Captain Claims Animal Was 30 Years Old

POSTED: Monday, September 14, 2009
UPDATED: 10:54 am EDT September 14, 2009

SATELLITE BEACH, Fla. -- Not many people claim a notable alligator kill on their first hunting trip, but Arianne Prevost, of Satellite Beach, can.

Prevost, 23, guided by Capt. Peter Deeks, 23, of Merritt Island, and Prevost's boyfriend, Robert Rohmann, 23, of Indian Harbour Beach -- who comprise Native Sons Outfitters -- claimed the 11-foot gator at about 9 p.m. Tuesday in marshland between Lake Washington and Lake Winder.

Deeks said the gator wasn't weighed, but based on its girth, he estimated it between 400 and 450 pounds. He estimated its age at about 30 years old, he told Local 6 News partner Florida Today.

"It was a total archery kill," Deeks said, adding Prevost shot the gator several times with a crossbow and finished it with a broadhead. Prevost is having the meat harvested and the gator half-mounted.

After all, it was her first noteworthy kill of any kind.

"I'm originally from Mississippi, so I used to hunt (for deer) there with my dad," said Prevost, a mom to 10-month-old daughter, Baleigh, and an employee at Long Dogger's in Satellite Beach.

"When I moved down here, I wasn't into it as much because the deer are so small, but I've never been gator hunting at all. I've been duck hunting."

She began hunting with a bow about two years ago but missed last year's gator hunt because she was pregnant. But now she's got one gator tag remaining and plans on using it.

"I can't seem to kill a deer, but I can kill an 11-foot alligator," she said.

Courtesy of Click Orlando
What gator?  :wink: :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »
Haha, you funny guy TN  :) Thats awesome that more ladies are out there taking these dinosaurssssss  O0
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »
Was too busy this summer to get back down and visit Gatortrapper.  This next spring if things work out right I may be able to get back down there and see him. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments