December 11, 2017, 04:35:42 AM

Author Topic: Hello...New Here...  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Silver Boar

• Applied for my club membership...
Hello...New Here...
« on: September 19, 2009, 06:03:15 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself as I'm new here. Stumbled across this site recently and it looks like there's alot going on with alot of knowledgable folks.

My name is Michael Carter and I live in Round Rock,Tx. I got turned onto hog hunting about 3 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I'm a chef by trade, and hunt every chance I get when I'm not in the kitchen. I try to make a few 'shoty' hog hunting videos every now and then also.

I'm glad to be here and look forward to hanging out and learning some new tips and techniques. Thanks!
Yrs.: 4 Hunts: 275 Hogs: 93 Ratio: 33.82%
Sniper Hog Lights Pro Staff
Boar Hunter Magazine

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Hello...New Here...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 10:37:51 PM »
HI HO Silver, (sorry couldn't resist). Welcome to our little cyber camp. Like any real camp, we got our fair share of BS'in going on, but theres a wealth of knowledge and experience to be shared freely between the li.. uh...stories.
 You being a chef and all, you might not want to sample the camp stew. Our head cook, John Andrews, assures us it's good for whatever is wrong with you, but I think most will agree that there's got to be something wrong with you to eat that.
 Over yonder is BC. He's #2 on the American Heart Assoc. 10 most wanted list (right after John and his second hand smoke). While BC's recipes may not be health concious, most will make your tongue slap your brains loose, as he puts it. He might be right about that, I tried a few of them and I ain't been quite right since, or so they tell me.
 Jump on in and join the fun where ever you like. We can always pull up another stump and make room.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:39:15 AM »
Welcome to the pile SB! O0 Pull up a seat and lay it down. Dont forget your hip waders though. lol ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

BBF

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »
more like a mini excavator  when the BS gets deep and it does :wink:

Offline dougdad

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 06:31:42 PM »
welcome SB  from Michigan
Bullets, Bumpers or Broadheads, Whatever works!!
USAF RETIRED,  Marion MI.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »
YOOo0o0o0O!!!!1!! Silver Boar!  Welcome dude!
Do you hunt anything else besides the piggies?

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
Hey, glad to see you hear, Hog hunting is another thing on my "to do" list See ya around
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 10:24:44 AM »
Welcome to our little hole in the wall Silver Boar.  Don't believe much of what Mosparky says.  :idiot2  He lives with a bunch of women-folk, so he can't be trusted. :wink:

Jump in on some of the stuff going on.  And as others have said, don't forget your waders. :wink: :roll: ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »
Welcome to the gang, Silver! Yeah, wade right in!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments