November 22, 2017, 08:38:43 PM

Author Topic: Salmon Fishing Help  (Read 2099 times)

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: Salmon Fishing Help
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 08:50:12 PM »
At least you fellas know how to wrap up a fishing trip!
Wrap up?  You talking about that pic?  That was taken before we even left. O0 :D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 08:27:04 AM »
Wrap up?  You talking about that pic?  That was taken before we even left. O0 :D
Yes, the pic of your motley crew with the bottles of instant warmup.

My son that lives in Phoenix and I take a fishing trip every year, now. He asked me what I would like to fish for next June and I told him lake trout and salmon, or big stripers.  So, we are tossing around ideas for fishing destinations.

The location you fellas fished sounds like it could be good, too. I used to know a fella that fishes where you fellas fished, and they usually did pretty good.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline steeliebob

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »
This reply is a little late but for the next salmon trip try a blue/white 2/5 oz glow in the dark cleo at night. I use a spawn bag on a #14 trebel hook and #4 buckshot sized sinker on 8 pound test line during the day. I fish the deep holes only and not on the beds. This will work for you, I have caught more river salmon by mistake than most people do on purpose. During the day try a blue and silver cleo 2/5 oz too.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 09:15:50 AM »
This reply is a little late but for the next salmon trip try a blue/white 2/5 oz glow in the dark cleo at night. I use a spawn bag on a #14 trebel hook and #4 buckshot sized sinker on 8 pound test line during the day. I fish the deep holes only and not on the beds. This will work for you, I have caught more river salmon by mistake than most people do on purpose. During the day try a blue and silver cleo 2/5 oz too.
Thanks for the valuable info, steeliebob!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments