October 20, 2017, 07:12:34 PM

Author Topic: Does This Count?  (Read 1577 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Does This Count?
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:13:52 PM »
Got a call from a buddy on Friday who asked if I'd pick up the doe he'd shot at the processor he took it to near our club.

My friend asked if I could keep it in my freezer, since he'd lost power to his house following the storms we've had here.

Actually his house rode out the storm without any problem, but when they sent in the cleanup crews they accidently severed his power lines. He wasn't sure when he'd get his power restored.

I said sure and just like last week it rained like I've never seen it before. Little creeks that are dry 10 month's out of the year looked like the Amazon during high water month's

What was worse, it was so heavy and loud, that Saber squadron from 3rd ACR could have been 20 meters away and I'd have never known it.

To put it simply it was a bust.

Eventhough our clubhouse is less than a quarter mile from the road, with all the rain and traffic I was afraid my little ranger would get stuck. There were ruts in the road that you could stock with bass the water was so deep.

So....

About three o'clock Saturday, after swimming back to my truck I went on home, but first stopped to pick up my friend's deer.

Needless to say the deer processor was not very busy and said his business was down by a butt load because of the rain and folk's staying home.

I took the deer home and put it in a very large heavy gauge plastic bag so when my friend came to pick it up it would be an easier haul.

Since I actually PLACED the deer in the bag......

Doesn't that qualify me as having.....

BAGGED A DEER?
 :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:15:29 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Does This Count?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 11:18:41 PM »
Technically, yes.

You are going to charge your buddy a "storage fee" aren't you?  :wink:  I don't think he'll mind giving up a couple of packages of backstrap for you storing the stuff.  O0

Who knows, eating the deer might actually make it register in your brain exactly "why" you're out there this year. :wink: ;D  Of course, it couldn't hurt anything either.  :)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:13:42 AM »
Go ahead and let him claim it BC, it doesn't look like he will be able to claim much else with his luck!! ;D ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »
Go ahead and let him claim it BC, it doesn't look like he will be able to claim much else with his luck!! ;D ;D ;D
My thoughts exactly.  I'm not much better off though...I'm gonna have to find a dead one on the side of the road to take pics of. :-\

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 04:17:05 PM »
If I cut a picture out of a hunting magazine and sent it in would that count????

Even if I got Kris Winkelman wearing a**less chaps in it? :D :D :D ;D
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 12:07:39 PM »
If I cut a picture out of a hunting magazine and sent it in would that count????

I concur, such imagination should carry some merit towards a favorbale decision.  :wink: ;D
My thoughts exactly.  I'm not much better off though...I'm gonna have to find a dead one on the side of the road to take pics of. :-\
;D ;D ;D Trust me, that can easily be arranged if you want to drive to SE Iowa to pick up the roadkill.  :twisted: ;D Ford bullets never fail. A few deer require a finishing pistol shot, which adds a hint of sport to it.  :twisted:
The only drawback is having to clean my weapon afterwards and fill out the accident report for the Army.  :roll: ;D But it's no big deal, I get lots of practice of doing both, according to some of my bosses.

One old crusty Captain told me, "You SOB, you drive around with your mouth watering"!  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 11:33:25 PM »
nice shot O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »
I think that would definitely be worth some points. O0

Facebook Comments