November 21, 2017, 05:57:42 PM

Author Topic: yotes at my grandmas  (Read 3786 times)

Offline born-to-hunt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
Re: yotes at my grandmas
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 11:19:20 AM »
that would be a pretty kool pelt up on the wall wouldn't it. :twisted:

Ahh the super predator has surfaced...we use a .243 when we coyote hunt, then you can deer hunt and coyote hunt  O0

I would do that but rifles are illeagal in ohio "it is too flat" but you can shoot into the sky with a  .473 double rifle for squirrel all I have to say is WTF. :tickedoff >:(
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline curdawgs1976

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »
if you are going to use stinger why not just step up a little and get you some of the Aguilla Super Maximams the are hot and will kill a yote easily just hold on his ribs and you won't even have to pack him out he will run off and die SLOWLY good luck on getting rid of those varmits

Offline Carl77

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »
I'm here in Illinois. Now rifle is illegal for deer, however not for varmits. Not many things make sense to me about Illinois. When I yote hunt, I use my 1917 Springfield .30-06. A little overkill? Yes. Fun to shoot them with? Yes. Anywho, good luck with the coyotes, they are a problem everywhere :knuppel2
Fred Bear Lights Out
70/30
31" Quick Strike Arrows
Carbon Express 100 gr. 3 Blades
Trophy Ridge Acc.

Offline xan187

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 10:49:55 PM »
if your grandmas seein these coyotes durin the day youll do well to call them or bait them during the day, just keep the wind and your profile in mind coyotes will spook and run given the slightest irregularity in their environment. they will often circle downwind of a call so keep your head on a swivel, also find an area to sit where you will be well concealed but able to see well and for a long distance. the gun you want to use depends on the type of ground you are hunting rifles are best for an open area and any rifle caliber .22 hornet or larger will do the job. if your hunting dense woods a shotgun with some T shot or buckshot is your best bet. Finally if they spook early or just wont come in at all try hunting them at night with a spotlight and a call, you want a red cover over your spotlight because they cant see red and spook less easily when hit with red light at night. good luck and i hope this helps

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 12:44:43 AM »
ok cool thanks for the tips I didn't know they couldn't see red light I geuss some animals can't see green but i'm not sure.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »
I dont know how big the wolves are at your grandmas. I've seen my grandpa shoot some red wolves (i think thats what they are) with a .22.  I think they're called red wolves, down in arkansas. They're bigger than the coyotes we have in kansas.  Similar to a mature german shepard in size, if memory serves me right.   He likes 243 the best though, but always has a 22 and 30/30 in his truck so thats all i've seen him use on those things. He nailed one of their nutsacks to the barn one time my dad still jokes about that.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »
He nailed one of their nutsacks to the barn one time my dad still jokes about that.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »
he used to take deer with .22lr back when it wasnt illegal. I asked him how good that worked he told me "Well if you shoot them in the head they aint gonna run away".   He's 92, oldschool.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline rdsii64

• Rookie Club Member
    • shooter64
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »
There is a group of yotes at my grandmas she says they are HUGE but i havn't seen them i want to know some tips or somethin to take'em out. thanks for any responses and luck to anyone killin animals
Coyotes are arguably the smartest animal we hunt. Get a good call. Make your approach to your stand very quietly. (you should get to your first stand before sun up) if you have the choice, make your stand in a place with the wind in your face and your back to a hill. Good cover is paramount. If you don't have anything natural you can still call them in, it just will be harder to do. BE VERY STILL. did I say be still? Don't get hung up with cammo. While cammo is very important, its not a sniper mission so you don't need some crazy ghillie suite
comfortable clothing that breaks up your outline is all you need. being still will will get you more dogs down than some fancy name brand cammo suite. Keep your eyes open, they will show up where you least expect it. last of all, have fun.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am a right wing, God Fearing, gun owning, Heterosexual male.
How else may I piss you off today
http://www.youtube.com/user/rdsii64

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64/Welcome.html

Facebook Comments