October 23, 2017, 04:36:05 PM

Author Topic: planning to get a new recurve  (Read 1820 times)

Offline born-to-hunt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
planning to get a new recurve
« on: September 29, 2009, 04:46:04 PM »
Hey im 14 and wondering who makes some good recurves I got a crossbow because I couldn't afford a compound  :'( but I realised I can get a recurve which in my eyes is kooler than a compound for only around $150$ :wink:
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline 2Nutz

Re: planning to get a new recurve
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 06:24:07 PM »
Mr. bor-to-hunt, what handed are you for one, and what you looken to spend on one. lol I have a lefthand takedown recurve, 45# @ 28"  62" total lengh. Preditor bow that is 2 years old and only killed one deer with. If your interested.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 06:29:56 PM »
kool but um im right handed and i want something at least farely strong and nothing more expensive than $200$ at the very most (im only 14 and can't get a real job need it cheap lol)
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »
I only hunt with a recurve, and I love it more than I ever did using a compound bow.

That's the good news.

The bad news is, you're going to have trouble locating the bow, arrows, string, field points, broadheads, targets, arm guard and shooting glove all the while staying in the $200.00 price range.

I suggest FIRST going to pawn shops in your area and see and MOST IMPORTANTLY HANDLE the bow. You can't tell much just by looking at it and I personally would not buy one I've never handled before.

You might find some sporting goods and gun dealers in your area that sell used bows as well and the same rules apply there. Handle the bow first.

If you  can't go that route you can check on Ebay and other web sites that sell archery tackle. I'm a big fan of Ebay but I've never bought any bows, arrows or things like that because I don't know if they are any good and as I said I always handle things before I buy them. ESPECIALLY if they are lethal and I'm spending a good deal of money.

There's a website called www.stickbow.com and they sell used tackle and they are one of the few places devoted to traditional archery. Traditional Bowhunter magazine is also an excellent source for information and is one of the few magazines I subscribe too.

But, remember this....

Instinctive traditional archery shooting is more difficult than using pully's, cams and braces. It takes a great deal of practice to become just proficient with a recurve or long bow, much more so than it does with a compund.

To become really good with a recurve takes years. I've been doing it going on 16 years now and I STILL MISS!

Like  I did opening day here! :tickedoff :tickedoff

It's also the reason there's so few of us out there compared to compund users.

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »
Oh yeah! I paid 325.00 for this bow alone! Your best bet is to get on e-bay and start looken for that cheap.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »
thanx and ha ha ha :twisted: nice miss but ya I used to have a target longbow when I was about 9 or 10 I would stack a couple bundles of straw and make paper targets to put on the straw and stand on top of a hill 40-50 yards and hit 20 inch groups.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:46:07 PM by born-to-hunt »

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »
What you been smoken there? ;D ;D You got into BC's stash I see! :roll:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
What you been smoken there? ;D ;D You got into BC's stash I see! :roll:

Nope, I'm a frayed knot. :wink: ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 09:49:51 PM »
Son, if you could hit 10 inch groups at 70 yards at the age of 9 or 10, you'd be the greatest shot in the country.

You certainly are more talented and know more than any of us here, and we should be listening to your advice.

I suggest you get your parents to call the United States Olympic Archery Committee because with the kind of shooting you're capable of will guarantee Gold Medals for you for the next 30 years.

After you've won all that olympic gold you can get your own outdoor show and make millions of dollars going around hunting with your bow and taking trophies all over the world.

We can then say we knew you way back when...

Oh, waiter?

Check please.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 10:05:08 PM »
I could only hit that good from one spot any other spot I couldn't hit anything lol I just knew where to aim to get it in the sweet spot. and I did shrink the group by a couple inches sorry.  :'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:43:47 PM by born-to-hunt »

Facebook Comments