October 19, 2017, 01:31:05 AM

Author Topic: question here  (Read 4604 times)

Offline born-to-hunt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
question here
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:00:17 PM »
I was wondering can you eat coyote? I know people eat dog but I was curios about yotes. ???
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: question here
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:10:06 PM »
You can eat anything...whether it's palatable or not is the question.  I would try it for sure if I ever got one just to see.

I found this anyways:
2-4 lbs of coyote meat
16 oz of apricot preserves
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1/2 purple onion diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Throw it all in a crock pot and let it cook for 8 hours.
Sounds pretty darn good actually. O0

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:27:29 PM »
from what I am reading you are a lot like me you will eat anything that doesn't eat you first  O0 I will try it if i get one i'll tell you how it tastes O0 ;D
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 12:36:16 AM »
What do you think is the main meat in the camp stew? Old Indian trick! O0 :wink:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »
do you know how good it is? ???

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 01:40:03 PM »
Tastes like goat to me. Not as tuff as old buck meat but close! O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 01:48:23 PM »
What do you think is the main meat in the camp stew? Old Indian trick! O0 :wink:
  :wink: :roll: ;D Yep! If it fits into the big camp kettle, it's good for you! The one I killed last night should fit nicely when cut up a tad to fit into the kettle.  :twisted:
Coyote tastes a lot like dog, but with just a hint of wild taste.  :wink: When you folks stop by to visit, we always serve a big heaping helping of camp stew.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 02:33:58 PM »
O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 02:35:24 PM »
 :wink: :roll: ;D Yep! If it fits into the big camp kettle, it's good for you! The one I killed last night should fit nicely when cut up a tad to fit into the kettle.  :twisted:
Coyote tastes a lot like dog, but with just a hint of wild taste.  :wink: When you folks stop by to visit, we always serve a big heaping helping of camp stew.

for one what does dog taste like? ??? and two I want to come to your house for some camp stew, stew has got to be my favorite food.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 04:47:50 AM »
for one what does dog taste like? ??? and two I want to come to your house for some camp stew, stew has got to be my favorite food.
Dog tastes like dog, just like coon tastes like coon and nothing else. I have eaten roasted dog and also boiled dog that was fried afterwards.

Beaver (no jokes here, guys  ;D ) and squirrel have their own tastes and smell, too. All these meats needs to be fully cooked.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments