October 20, 2017, 03:28:16 PM

Author Topic: Stands?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Stands?
« on: October 22, 2003, 08:09:58 PM »
What type of stand do you prefer?  I use my climber the majority of the time, but I really like the pop up blind that I picked up a couple of years ago.  Quick 'n easy set up and the freedom to move around without spooking anything.   8)
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Stands?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 12:18:40 AM »
i just bought a used climber the other day and used it last weekend. man is that a workout. you have to face the tree with mine and use your forearms to hold your body while you lift the platform. seat always falls when i stand up. i usually hunt out of a permanent stand but i think i'm going to buy a ladder stand next.
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

april

Stands?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 01:16:10 AM »
I've used a climber and one of those "tree lounger's"....but, I'm really (I mean REALLY) scared of heights.....(the height part ain't so bad...it's the work you have to do to get up there that has me spooked)...I mostly use a permanent stand.  You know...the kind you just have to climb the ladder for. :wink:

Offline DenFussell

Stands?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 01:26:52 AM »
I'm a believer in climbing stands!!  I use a stand-up, sit-down W & S Cottonwood.  One of the neat things about it is it's comfortable and when I'm comfortable, I can sit still longer.

I think they're superior to permanent stands because I think deer learn where permanent stands are and check them out before approaching them.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Warren & Sweat?  I tried to find them on the internet and all the links I found to them are inactive and their phone number is disconnected.  I guess someone bought them up or they folded.

Thanks!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Stands?
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 06:45:26 AM »
I used to have a really nice climber until it was stolen :evil:   It was the stand up/sit down type.  Climbers are nice in that you can move them to wherever the deer are and kinda' pop in and say "HI".  I don't hunt out of permanent stands anymore.  Too dangerous!  They can rot and the swaying of the tree can cause the nails to come loose.

Anymore, I do the majority of my hunting off of the ground in a natural ground blind.  It's safer, you don't have to pack the stand it, can stretch out more, and it's more of a challenge being eye-to-eye with the deer.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments