November 20, 2017, 12:25:54 PM

Author Topic: First of the season  (Read 3725 times)

Offline ray40cal

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
First of the season
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
Sorry i've been AWOL.  Killed him a while ago but it was my first squirrel of this season.  Got him in the side of his head, from about 70, 75 feet with the daisy .177.  Had the meat in the freezer till today. Fried up the legs, put the backstrap meat into the gravy and a couple biscuits. Lunch like that makes me want to go hunting again. My birthday is coming up and im considering treating myself to a new squirrel gun.  

Gonna get one of these for sure, only 100 bucks or so

Its a crosman nightstalker, semi auto .177 pellet rifle with 12 round mags, or i guess they are clips.

Heres the pelt he was pretty big

[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: First of the season
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:35:24 PM »
Alright!  Were you actually out hunting them or was it just a back yard type of deal?
That pellet gun looks pretty cool. O0

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
Nah i hunt on a farm its about a 5-10 minute walk. Still in the city limits so i use a pellet gun.  theres 35 acres on one side of the road and 80 on the other. Here's some pics i took going after morrells earlier in the year, part of the creek

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
Hew, welcome back to camp, Ray! Nice going on the treerat, too!  O0
When are you getting the new squirrel killer?
That sure looks like a nice hunting place.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »
Thanks John!  I changed my mind on the squirrel gun. The co2 tanks it uses would cost me 8 bucks every time i hit the woods. BUT i did find something far sweeter.

BLAM

The gun is half the price, it uses the cheap .50 cent 12 gram co2s, and it packs more power behind its shots because its not a blowback. AND its modelled after the 10/22 you even load it with the magazine which is neat. Its still a semi auto with 12 round capacity.

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
Sorry i've been AWOL.  Killed him a while ago but it was my first squirrel of this season.  Got him in the side of his head, from about 70, 75 feet with the daisy .177.  Had the meat in the freezer till today. Fried up the legs, put the backstrap meat into the gravy and a couple biscuits. Lunch like that makes me want to go hunting again. My birthday is coming up and im considering treating myself to a new squirrel gun.  

Gonna get one of these for sure, only 100 bucks or so

Its a crosman nightstalker, semi auto .177 pellet rifle with 12 round mags, or i guess they are clips.

Heres the pelt he was pretty big

that? pfff co2 does not do well in cold weather. buy a crosman raven or something else that does not use co2. how old are you by the way?
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 08:13:43 PM »
I'm 22.

I have several pellet rifles, and a co2 pistol that are bonified squirrel killers. I am going to treat myself to a semi auto for my birthday.  Thats one of the reasons i chose not to obtain the nightstalker, is the power drop in cold weather. The 1077 will be plenty of power though, in a semi auto platform to boot.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:16:43 PM by ray40cal »

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »
I'm not sure just how much can be done to improve the performance of the 1077. CO2 is a bit of a prob in cold weather. Velosity will drop and it won't hit like it did before. But I guess you already knew that, being you already got CO2 guns.
 In CO2, I have preference for the 2250. Lots can be done to increase the velosity, but shot count will suffer. But it's not semi-auto.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »
ahh i've actually been looking at the 2250 i'd rather have the extra thump than use the semi auto.  I've got a 2240 but the 2250 is supposed to haVe a little extra thump, right?  Its marked at up to 500 something fps, with the .22 pellets, but the 2240 is 460 tops.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »
The only velosity increase is due to the longer barrel. You can convert a 2240 to 2250. Just add longer barrel, and the 1399 Butt stock instead of grips. You can get the barrel from Crosman if they have them in stock. Lots of guy's use a 2260 barrel and cut it to the desired length.(there are tricks to doing it right) Parts are far cheaper than you might think. I can't remember what I paid but I'm thinking I got a 2260 barrel, complete valve, and rear sight for about 10 bucks shipped. They have a flat rate shipping charge that is ridiculously low.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments