November 19, 2017, 12:07:17 AM

Author Topic: First of the season  (Read 3723 times)

Offline meatisgood

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: First of the season
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »
Nice kill Ray O0, maybe you should consider a pump action to the Co2 for colder weather. I have a crossman .22 pellet and it works awesome in cold weather, I have destroyed many of tree rats with that thing, I mounted a 4x20 scoop on it for the long shots and it works great especially in the city.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.
"Ted Nugent"

Offline ray40cal

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 08:47:35 AM »
I do have a couple of .22x pumpers. They smack em pretty hard.   I've used my 2240 co2 pistol to take squirrels, it does them pretty good. .22 caliber pellets at 460 fps.   Never used it in the dead of winter though. About what temperature would i want to stick with the pumpers and not the 2240?  Most of the shots i take are between 30 and 50 feet, unless i use the break barrel. Its the only one i got with velocity to make an accurate hit at 100 feet, and the only one with a scope.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »
that is a pretty slick looking gun for 100 bucks yeah man I would get it.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 11:20:31 PM »
I'm just guessing here Ray, but I'd say once it gets to the mid fifties it's time to switch over. I remember when I was a kid and knew absolutely nothing about the nature of CO2 guns I'd go shooting with my dad on days when it was in the low to mid 30's. I swear I could see the pellet leave the gun. I thought there was something wrong with the gun. Especially when my spring action rifle still hit just as hard.
 Certainly when you notice the POI is significantly off, it's time to put it away.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline meatisgood

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
Yeah I agree with mo if it is going to be in the 50's or lower switch out to the pump. the Co2 gas is a cooling gas as is and when you use it in cooler temps it just doesn't perform as well, it wants to hold its state it is in instead of dispersing as it should.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.
"Ted Nugent"

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 11:19:57 PM »
I countered the co2 issue. Ordered a browning 800 mag pistol. Break barrel, .177 caliber, 700+ fps   no co2 or cold air to worry about.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »
I countered the co2 issue. Ordered a browning 800 mag pistol. Break barrel, .177 caliber, 700+ fps   no co2 or cold air to worry about.

Yeah, I countered the CO2 issue as well.......... It's call a .17 HMR. :roll: ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »
Yeah, I countered the CO2 issue as well.......... It's call a .17 HMR. :roll: ;D
  O0 Yep! Works great for me, too!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 10:50:24 PM »
A 17 hmr is called a felony where i usually  hunt    :tickedoff

I wont even risk colibri rounds in a 22.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 08:24:24 AM »
A 17 hmr is called a felony where i usually  hunt    :tickedoff

I wont even risk colibri rounds in a 22.

Sounds like you're hunting in the wrong spot then. :wink: ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments